A mile down!!

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
I'm so proud of myself. I just got done jogging my first mile ever without stopping. I tried this last summer and couldn't even go a couple of jogs without stopping and breathing hard. I was slow and steady but I won the race. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• j_g4ever
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself. I just got done jogging my first mile ever without stopping. I tried this last summer and couldn't even go a couple of jogs without stopping and breathing hard. I was slow and steady but I won the race. :flowerforyou:
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    Thats great! Good for you!! Before you know it, you will be running 2 miles like nobody's business :wink:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Great job! I heard this years ago when I started running maybe it will inspire you or not (LOL) ... "If you can run 1 mile then you can run 2". I don't know if this is true for everyone, BUT it actually worked for me. Darn those mind games:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! Great work!

I'm on week 2 of Couch to 5K - but I've been interval-running for a while (just not consistently like the C25K).

How long did it take you to work up to it?
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    That's awesome! :drinker:
    Dang, how long did it take you to work your way up to that? I am having such a hard time running. I think it's the breathing that I really suck at. That and the friggin 250 pounds I'm lugging around! :laugh:
    I'm trying though.

Keep up the great work!
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    THATS AWESOME! Ive been walking/running on the treadmill for about 3mths and Im only making it about .64 miles (a little over a half a mile) and thats at a 5mph pace when I run and about 3.5mph when Im walking...Im hoping to get up to that FULL mile at a nice jog/run pace w/out walking!! SO GREAT JOB TO YOU! Keep up the good work!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I think I would have done the second mile if I wasn't running the dog also.

I was actually walking the dogs lastnight and our puppy wanted to go faster so I just started to jog off and on and I think Im hooked. :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    That's awesome! :drinker:
    Dang, how long did it take you to work your way up to that? I am having such a hard time running. I think it's the breathing that I really suck at. That and the friggin 250 pounds I'm lugging around! :laugh:
    I'm trying though.

Keep up the great work!

The most important thing is your trying.
  • tessanoodles
    tessanoodles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!
    I think when it starts to get nicer out, I definatley want to start running :smile:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    WTG THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Impressed!! Good job! And good jog!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! you are an inspiration to those of us who haven't figured out the "jogging" thing yet..I too thnk it is the breathing - but will continue to practice until I can figure it out...WAY TO GO!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats that is great accomplishment
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go, keep up the great work.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I can't belive that I did 2 miles today. Holy WOW :bigsmile:
  • Odekwe
    Odekwe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, doesn't that feel good?! Running is something I never felt I was capable of doing, but I started last August, unable to run for 5 minutes even. That first 2 mile run was amazing for me, as I'm sure it was for you. Keep up the good work and maybe it's time to train for a 5K.:wink:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Wow, doesn't that feel good?! Running is something I never felt I was capable of doing, but I started last August, unable to run for 5 minutes even. That first 2 mile run was amazing for me, as I'm sure it was for you. Keep up the good work and maybe it's time to train for a 5K.:wink:

How do you train for a 5k?? Do you have to hire someone??
  • mollyo
    mollyo Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh my gosh I just posted the exact same thing!!! I have been doing the elliptical for about a month. I have NEVER run a step in my life that would result in a distance run. I always said "i just can't run like that." Well on Saturday I meant to try and run from one lamp post to the next. But I just kept going and going and before I knew it I was at a mile. It took me exactly 10 mins.

It was such an amazing high that I'm hooked too! I'm going shopping for shoes tomorrow.

My goal is to run the 5k here over the 4th of July. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!