MFP>SparkPeople

Options
Tenoreo90
Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
I just had to get that out. I was on SparkPeople on and off for about a year and a half, and I honestly just could NOT get into the community. They're so rude and clique-ish...which is odd, considering how much larger they are. Plus they PUSH PRODUCTS like none other.

MFP has an AMAZING community, and that's what keeps me coming back! You guys are always there to tell me what I NEED to hear, not what I WANT to hear and yet you don't make me feel stupid. YAY MFP!

Anyone else agree?

Replies

• calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, I used sparkpeople from 2006 until about a year ago. I am much happier on MFP :)
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I tried and tried on sparkpeople. First, the interface is a trainwreck....8 billion things you don't need, making the 5 things you do impossible to find. Do a search for 'Chicken Kabob' on sparkpeople....one hit....same search here got me over 100 hits. I desperately wanted to like sparkpeople, but the interface is wwwwwwwwwwaaaayyy too crowded and they are trying to sale you something on every square inch of of the page. :/ No thanks.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Are you saying people on MFP are fatter than people on sparkpeople? harsh! I actually set down my chicken wing to type that. Props to you.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I actually set down my chicken wing to type that.

That says a lot. The clown doesn't set down a wing for just anybody.

I don't know anything about SparkPeople, but I have participated in a lot of online forums over the years on a lot of subjects and I have to say that MFP is one of the most welcoming, supportive and fun that I have ever seen.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i agree...no one on MFP is ever rude or clique-ish....
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Sparkpeople was just too much work for me. I feel like MFP is a lot more user-friendly.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have tried spark people...Lets just be rude. Sparkpeople suck. No really the site the people....the app. Waste of good bandwidth
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    never even heard of spark ppl. thats how bad the site probably suks cuz im online 90% of my day... plus in a gang fight, MFP would win so its not even worth the google search.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    There are no cliques here... everyone loves eachother.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi. I mainly use SparkPeople. I come over here to support my friends that are on this site, because I've learned that support is key in this journey...even if it's cross-site. I like to think i don't "suck", thank you very much. And I haven't found anyone else over there that "sucks" either. Everyone has been incredibly warm, supportive, and encouraging. Not cliquish or rude in any way. As for the site itself, if it doesn't suit you, fine, but that doesn't mean it "sucks". What an incredibly rude, judgmental thing to say. Not a good way to represent THIS community.