Green Tea and Primrose Oil

Options
Hi Everyone I'm just wondered if any of you had read that green tea and primrose oil can promote losing weigh? And if any of you have tried and tested it........ Let me know if you've tried it and if any of them have worked for you. Bev

Replies

• Southpaw3612
    Options
    Im not quite sure about primrose oil being related to losing weight or fat loss. I know that I take green tea with other supplements that help contribute to weight loss. I take green tea 3 times a day
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I'm just wondered if any of you had read that green tea and primrose oil can promote losing weigh? And if any of you have tried and tested it........ Let me know if you've tried it and if any of them have worked for you. Bev

Green Tea help improve Insulin Sensitivity , which is a good thing. Also ECCG, "The secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. It has also been effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. The latter takes on added importance when you consider that thrombosis (the formation of abnormal blood clots) is the leading cause of heart attacks and stroke."

http://chinesefood.about.com/library/weekly/aa011400a.htm
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My cousin recently lost over 100lbs and she say that green tea and walking 4 miles a day is what did it for her.. She drink Prince of Peace Green Tea..
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes I have heard that green tea promotes weight loss by increasing your metabolism, not sure about primrose oil. Just becareful with green tea if your take any kind of blood thinners like coumadin, or aspirin; the green tea sometimes cause increase bleeding.
  • bevcherry15
    bevcherry15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hiya some really useful info there thanks guys.......I can't drink the stuff so will have to buy the capsules instead. :-)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Yes I have heard that green tea promotes weight loss by increasing your metabolism, not sure about primrose oil. Just becareful with green tea if your take any kind of blood thinners like coumadin, or aspirin; the green tea sometimes cause increase bleeding.

And also green tea inhibits the absorption of folic acid, so be sure to take a supplement.
    If you have any medical issue, consult your doctor first.