Stuck

Options
Help please! My scales are doing my head in. I'm trying to lose just 2-3 kg and I CANNOT get the scales to even start to move! I exercise daily - nothing over the top, 3 x 90 minute bikram yoga sessions, 3 x HIIT training sessions and usually at least one or two 5km runs a week. I'm pretty much sedentary the rest of the time as I have a desk job. I've been trying now for about 2 months and nothing at all has changed. In fact this morning I was up!! Sooooooooo frustrating!!!

I'm eating around 1300 cals (net) each day and follow a 50/30/20 Carbs/Protein/Fat ratio. I am religious about tracking my food and exercise and am pretty sure this is accurate...

I'm 58kg and 5 ft 6. Ideas for how I can shake it up and get the scales moving?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    try changing your weight loss to half a pound per week so you have extra calories. The last few pounds will only come off reeeeeeeeeeeeally slowly. add some weights and strenght training.
  • ronellevan
    Options
    Add weight/strength training to your routine - on the days you do your yoga would be good.

To change your body composition, you HAVE to do strength training.
    Muscle burns fat.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Scale weight is not always the best indicator of success. Have you taken your measurements and noticed any differences? Sometimes you're building muscle and burning off fat, so the scales will only bulge very very slowly. Also make sure to drink adequate water, and keep sodium in check.
  • TickyBabe
    Options
    I understand the muscle burns fat concept totally! I am doing weight trainig in my HIIT sessions, mainly with ketttlebells and we also do lots of pulls ups and other bodyweight exercises. I do that 3 times a week and it's hard-core. I'm exhausted afterwards and always sore the next day. I've definitely seen an improvement in core strength from that too. But still... no change on the scales? And I don't think my body comp is changing. What can I do diet wise??
  • TickyBabe
    Options
    Yep. Definitely drinking enough water and careful about sodium as I have high blood pressure. Haven't taken measurements but that's a good idea. I have noticed that I seem to have changed where I carry weight - now more around my middle rather than around by legs like I used to. Is that age related?? Im 35.
  • jlgobert
    jlgobert Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't know how much weights you are doing but muscle also weighs more than. So if you are gaining muscle and displacing fat then you will not see the big changes you want to see on the scale, but you will see it in your body and how your clothes fit etc.