I'm new

Options
Hi all ! i really need HELP! I have found it so hard to lose weight by myself :cry: so if anyone could offer me some advice i would be very gratefull :happy: xx

Replies

• potzy01
    potzy01 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all ! i really need HELP! I have found it so hard to lose weight by myself :cry: so if anyone could offer me some advice i would be very gratefull :happy: xx
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    First welcome! I have found that by logging my foods it really helps me to make better choices. I have even set my fiance and my daughter up on here too. My daughter is a stress binge eater, instill in her by her father, She is about 100 lbs over weight. I started logging her food in 3 days ago and now she is making better choices and having me check what she has left and brainstorming ideas for healthy dinners and snacks. My fiance is a peanut butter addict. He has asked me to get low fat PB to try since he sees how his spoonfull here and there throughout the day add up. By logging and having a support system it really helps. You are not alone. If you need a buddy let me know!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from Tennessee!!
    Welcome.
    This site is great.

I have found that if you want it bad enough you can do it, and also, do it for yourself!!!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    welcome! the support here is awesome! You'll see how much looking at what you're putting in your body makes you think twice about it! find FUN activities to burn those calories and you're on your way to a healthier lifestyle!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: My advice, make sure you stay within the sodium range that MFP sets(2500), too much sodium can cause water retention.