am i following the foodand excercise correctly

hi my name is lisa and i joined at the end of march i have been eating my 1200 calories daily and excercising approx 500 off daily i know the site gives you them back but do you have to eat them
I dont want to put my body into starvation mode so technically if im right i am only having 700 clories daily please help im confused
thanks

Replies

• hi my name is lisa and i joined at the end of march i have been eating my 1200 calories daily and excercising approx 500 off daily i know the site gives you them back but do you have to eat them
    I dont want to put my body into starvation mode so technically if im right i am only having 700 clories daily please help im confused
    thanks
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Hi Lisa,

That sounds about like my daily regime (I try to eat 1200-1400 calories/day and exercise away 400-800/day...this makes my daily deficit between 500-700 calories) I have lost 17 pounds in 13 weeks.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    don't worry about starvation mode unless you're starving. If you're hungry, eat, if not, don't. Don't exercise beyond your limits and make sure you get all your nutrients. :-)
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    don't worry about starvation mode unless you're starving. If you're hungry, eat, if not, don't. Don't exercise beyond your limits and make sure you get all your nutrients. :-)

I am sorry and don't bite my head off or anything but I really don't agree with this statement. Starvation mode is not what you feel it is what your body feels. If your body goes into starvation mode it is a mechanism that protects your body from starving (in case your are in a place where you cannot get food for long periods of time) so it stores up fat to sustain you. You may not be hungry but your body might be. The calories allowed on this site is for when you are sedentary so the extra workout calories are a plus. I am not saying eat all of them but the amount you are eating (lisaemsley) seems really low and unhealthy. (sorry just the mom in me here)....
  • MommaDot
    MommaDot Posts: 7
    The site gives me 1300 a day plus I can eat my exercise calories in addition to that. I have found I lose more when I actually eat a couple hundred more a day than what the site recommends. I am playing with that right now to find the right niche for me. You may want to experiment a little each way and see if there is a difference. The site can only give guidelines. Everyone's metabolism and body chemistry is different. Good luck:wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: