Help with BodyMedia Fit

I just bought my new BodyMedia and I'm waiting not so patiently until I can use it. I had to order a larger sized strap which should hopefully be delivered today to me. I was trying to play around with it yesterday so I entered my food in like I did here... but when I plugged it in this morning to let it charge, it said I burned like 2500 calories yesterday. I didn't even put it on. It isn't even in an armband, it's just sitting on my computer desk.... I'm confused lol

Replies

• fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    hmmm... that's what you think. i saw your bodymedia fit run a marathon. mystery solved! on a serious note, good luck! hope this new tool helps lots!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    lol Guess I should make the effort to go look up the answer.... From the FAQ on the website

Regardless of what time of day you start wearing your Armband on your first day, the system gives you credit for the entire day. When you set up your Armband, you are asked for body parameters like gender, age, weight, height etc. The system uses these parameters to estimate your burn for the entire first day up until from midnight until you get start wearing the Armband. This will happen any time your Armband is off of your body, but it gets more accurate the more you wear your Armband. These estimates assume you are at rest.

hope it comes soon so I can start seeing how awesome I am :D