I am new and would like to make friends

Options
My name is Jina. I started the fitness pal on Thursday. So far, I like where I can post all of my food, exercise, etc. I am looking forward to a journey to a healther life and meet friends on the way.

Replies

• jinagor
    jinagor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Jina. I started the fitness pal on Thursday. So far, I like where I can post all of my food, exercise, etc. I am looking forward to a journey to a healther life and meet friends on the way.
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! You will find lots of cool tools on the site to help keep track of foods and exercise and many great folks that are here to keep you motivated and accountable. Good luck on your "lifestyle" change and hope to see you posting.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I think you'll find this site very helpful and the people very supportive. If you ever need anything or have any questions just ask around. Someone will always have an answer.
  • canawoman
    canawoman Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi welcome and good luck if you have a question this is the place to ask it so many helpful people. I have learned so much. Glad your here..
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • jinagor
    jinagor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the welcome. It is sure encouraging to know I am not alone. Thanks!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to come & hang out. There are some very inspirational folks here who have lots of experience.
    Ask them anything. They know how it's done!
    Welcome!
  • wrinkles
    wrinkles Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome, this works if you can stick with it....I absolutely LOVE MFP.....

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP :bigsmile:
    Take it one day at a time and take baby steps toward healthier eating and exercise. :bigsmile:

Keep an open mind to new ideas :bigsmile:

you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also pretty new to this, just started this week. It is so nice and I see there is a lot of support. So does anyone have any tips. I signed up for a personal trainer starting on the 24th of this month.