Over 200 club week 6

Options

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am retaining a ton of water this week. I can't seem to get rid of it. My ring is tight (it was loose last week) I feel bloated. My time of the month just passed so that is not it. Maybe it is because we went from the 70"s here last week to the Mid 90's all this week. I love California weather but I prefer the 80's, and I am wondering if the heat is putting me all out of whack.
    watch that sodium try to keep at 1500mg....
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    the wether definately has something to do with it but watch your sodium levels too... It needs to be below 1500mg! A lot of things are high in sodium so really watch your consumption, that partnered with warmer weather is the recipe for the good old fashioned bloat!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Cardio for me included getting up at 5am and doing 2.6miles walking with my friend then I went back to my house and did 1/2 of my normal routine so an added 2.4 miles of my jogging intervals....friday i may shoot for the whole 7 miles .....:drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I decided to add sodium on my food diary and I looked back at yesterdays sodium intake and I was over byl 1,000. Wow. I never add salt to what I am eating so I always assume I am doing well. Thanks for the wake up call. I also went over the entire last week according to my food diary I have only gone over 2x on my sodium but the diary also says I can have more the 1500mg. does any one know why this is.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I decided to add sodium on my food diary and I looked back at yesterdays sodium intake and I was over byl 1,000. Wow. I never add salt to what I am eating so I always assume I am doing well. Thanks for the wake up call. I also went over the entire last week according to my food diary I have only gone over 2x on my sodium but the diary also says I can have more the 1500mg. does any one know why this is.
    Well the reason it says you can have 2500mg is because that is the recommended max for the day.I stay at 1500mg because I retain water very easily.You just have to figure out what works best for you.But don't go below 1500 mg by too much because your body needs sodium to function.Try to stay away from prepackaged foods they are loaded in sodium.Ultimately this could be why your retaining water if you are going over your sodium everyday.Drink lots of water and I am sure your weight will return to normal.
  • abagwill
    Options
    awestfall said it drink lots of water because water counteracts excess sodium... its funny to get rid of water you need to drink more water! also watch those sodas even the diet ones! they help retain water!!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I drank a ton of water today. I figured I would need to drink a lot. I started thinking about it and I have cut back on my water the last couple of days.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    did another 2.4 mile interval jog/walk
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the weekend. i am off and I am doing some heavy cardio. i am so excited. Hopefully I can get a jump start to this weight loss. Its been slow lately
  • abagwill
    Options
    okay so... MFP has me only eating 1200 calories per day... WTF... I can barely eat that... Today I went over by 759 calories! It says I will basically not be losing any weight in 5 weeks if I keep that up! What am I supposed to do!?
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    okay so... MFP has me only eating 1200 calories per day... WTF... I can barely eat that... Today I went over by 759 calories! It says I will basically not be losing any weight in 5 weeks if I keep that up! What am I supposed to do!?

This was really hard for me to adjust to. I am also at 1200 cals. I do try to fit in some exercise every day wether it is a walk during a break at work or a trip to the gym. I have found that if I eat healthier food I can eat alot more of it and be full much longer. Here is what I ate yesterday without adding the food from my worout at the gym. I hope this helps some.

Breakfast
    Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Strawberry and Cream- Lower Sugar, 1 packet 130

Morning Snack
    Dole - Banana Medium, 1 medium banana 110
    Cuties - Mandrain Orange, 2 SMALL 74

Lunch-Turkey sandwich
    Generic - English Cucumber, 1/2 cup 9
    Sara Lee - Lite Wheat Bread, 2 SLICES 90
    Laughing Cow - Light Garlic and Herb Cheese Wedge, 1 wedge 35
    Oscar Meyer - Oven Roasted Turkey Breast - Shaved, 6 slices 45
    Crystal Farms - String Cheese-Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, 1 piece(24 g) 70

Afternoon snacks
    Chex Mix - Traditional, 1/2 cup 110 19 3 2 0 240 remove

Dinner-Chicken burritos
    Reser's - Baja Cafe - Burrito Size Flour Tortillas, 1 tortilla 150
    Kroger - Black Beans - Canned, 1/2 cup 110
    Uncle Ben's - Brown Long Grain Rice, 1 cup cooked 170
    Ortega - Medium Taco Sauce, 1 Tbsp 10
    3 oz baked chicken 100 cals.

Nght snacks
    Generic - Fuji Apple - Medium, 1 raw 80

The total cals for the day was 1293

I hope this helps some.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Try filling up on some fiber and protein rich foods,like beans or nuts.Some are higher cals than others but they will fill you up and keep you full for awhile.Also on a good note they will clean you out later too.Hope this helps!!This is what I do.:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    I can't wait for the weekend. i am off and I am doing some heavy cardio. i am so excited. Hopefully I can get a jump start to this weight loss. Its been slow lately
    Thats great that you are going to jump start your weight loss this weekend,but why wait until the weekend?Try to get in a 15 to 20 minute walk outside.This will help get you started and used to exercising everyday.Maybe see if your hubby can go with you.Then the both of you can be physically fit together ya know?I know you work but try to squeeze in at least a 15 or 20 minute walk in the evening because its so beneficial for your body to move everyday.And too I am sure the weather there is beautiful and who couldn't use the nice warm air hitting you in the face.PUSH for what you want don't settle for less than your BEST!!:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thats great that you are going to jump start your weight loss this weekend,but why wait until the weekend?Try to get in a 15 to 20 minute walk outside.This will help get you started and used to exercising everyday.Maybe see if your hubby can go with you.Then the both of you can be physically fit together ya know?I know you work but try to squeeze in at least a 15 or 20 minute walk in the evening because its so beneficial for your body to move everyday.And too I am sure the weather there is beautiful and who couldn't use the nice warm air hitting you in the face.PUSH for what you want don't settle for less than your BEST!!:flowerforyou:
    Also I did 45 minutes of cardio this morning and I will be doing another hour and a half later on this evening.For now I am going to go clean house.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Here is my motivational saying for today:

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope this keeps you all motivated and moving everday!!:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    im also at 1200 but its per my doctor..i eat lots of beans and legumes..I have switched lettuce for spinach ..try to eat more filling foods and if u do the whole excercise calorie eating then you get more calories when you excercise.........i got in 2.4miles jog/walk intervals at 6am and will do more later..i did 7+ yesterday...:drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I have done 440 minutes of cardio for the week. hopefully, I will lose weight this week because I am still retaining a bit of water. It is better though, my ring is not so tight but not yet as loose as it was last week.
  • lizamaya
    lizamaya Posts: 5
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Not sure how this works exactly, I'm just beginning here, but I wanted to jump in and say hello! I'm Liza, lost 7 pounds and have over 100 more to go. I just joined a gym and (after 2 week) I'm actually starting to like it! I usually end my work outs by walking the track a few times and this time I would alternate jogging and walking and then just jogged... I was really excited I could do it!!!! Anyway, hello, can't wait to get to know everyone better, Lord knows I need all the support I can get!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    4.8 total miles for me today with intervals.....Hi Lizamaya welcome ot the over 200 group!! we just check in with our weights on fridays and recieve challenges and check in daily with our challenge success...this week i think is Cardio
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok, life is getting back to normal now and I have been pulling my hair out the last month and a half, I would enjoy very much getting back into the swing of things. I am not down much more then I think my last weigh in...sorta been sitting between 232-234 for the last week and was between 234 and 236 FOREVER before that. I started working out hard again after a 2 week break and have been watching my intake.

Will ya'll have me back...in my defense.....I am a non smoker over a month now....after 22 years of smoking.........:flowerforyou: