HCG...Am I missing something?

2»

Replies

• tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    It looks like she bought a supplement for menopause relief on accident.

That's what I was thinking! Someone recommended Dong Quai to me when I hit menopause.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Welcome to Homeopathy 101. The large majority (if not entirety) of homeopathic remedies don't even have what's supposed to be in them. It's nothing but fillers and water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

James Randi explains.

Yaay another Randi fan!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Your friend is as sharp as a bowling ball.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Welcome to Homeopathy 101. The large majority (if not entirety) of homeopathic remedies don't even have what's supposed to be in them. It's nothing but fillers and water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

James Randi explains.

Yaay another Randi fan!

Randi is DA MAN. And he looks like Santa, which is awesome.
  • Yeah that's too bad! Losing weight like that only brings u right back to where u started, if not worse. It needs to be a lifestyle change, and it's a slow process, depending on how much u need to lose!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    you can make your own HGC at home. Its not concentrated, but hey.
    roofies.jpg
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Just get a pregnant women to pee in the bottle for her. Problem solved.

This :laugh:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    It looks like she bought a supplement for menopause relief on accident.

^^^^yep! of course these ingredients do help control appetite...not that I'd recommend them unless she is pre-menopausal
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    I wouldn't want to take this!! Quoted from Wikipedia (also, note it's been prohibited by the FDA!):

"Human chorionic gonadotropin or human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone produced during pregnancy that is made by the developing embryo after conception and later by the syncytiotrophoblast (part of the placenta).[1][2] Some cancerous tumors produce this hormone; therefore, elevated levels measured when the patient is not pregnant can lead to a cancer diagnosis. However, it is not known whether this production is a contributing cause or an effect of tumorigenesis. The pituitary analog of hCG, known as luteinizing hormone (LH), is produced in the pituitary gland of males and females of all ages.[1][3] As of December 6, 2011, the FDA has prohibited the sale of "homeopathic" and OTC hCG diet products and declared them fraudulent and illegal.[4][5][6]"
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Seems to me anything with "dong" in the ingredient list is a recipe for fun.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Yeah, I'd be curious to know what the "dong" is too....hahaha
    Love how people still believe in the 'quick fix' though...that's what makes innovative people rich!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member

THANK YOU!!! i thought i was the only one who saw that and giggled.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.