Low Calorie Liquor/Alcohol Options

Options
Hi!
Does anyone have suggestions on any low cal optoins for drinks out with friends? I want to be able to still socialize with friends without drinking all my calories for the day. Any ideas??
Thanks!

Replies

• Kat5688
    Kat5688 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! Don't have an answer, but I'm curious about what other people will say (apart from 'don't drink alcohol because it's bad for you'), because I don't want to give it up either.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Coke.

A 25ml shot of Smirnoff is 50cals :-) x
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    UV Blue (Vodka) and diet sprite!
  • yiona
    yiona Posts: 3
    Options
    yep! I used to love my pints but at around 250 cals I had to improvise. Never really liked vodka, but thought id try it, and love it now. I have vodka lime and soda and its around 65 cals and you can barely taste the vodka but still does the job!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    vodka / diet coke
    vodka / ocean spray diet cranberry, although most bars don't have that.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i used to drink vodka soda's with a splash of cranberry for color. low calorie and it's still pink!
  • suser1
    Options
    I'm on Jenny Craig and they advise white wine spritzers.
  • christinaz1985
    christinaz1985 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Vanilla vodka and diet coke!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose L'Orange & Soda is my drink of choice at the moment one oz. has 69 cals so one shot would be 103.5 and soda had zero cals.
  • beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Vodka + Water + Lemon Slices = refleshing and good !!!!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    vodka soda (i usually squeeze a bunch of lime into it) or, as i tried this weekend, cherry vodka and soda with lime squeezed into it (although flavored vodkas have more sugar, so be careful). If I'm out to dinner or relaxing at home, I'll have a glass of red wine.

But really, the lowest cal/carb cocktail you can drink is going to be vodka soda (or vodka with water).

There is also an even lower cal drink called Ty Ku (they make liquers and sake) but it's also lower alcohol percentage. It's pretty tasty though! I wanna say only around 35 calories per serving!
  • elizabeths17
    elizabeths17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Flavored vodka and soda water (aka club soda)
    I like Absolute ruby red and soda water. Only vodka calories and so so good!
  • kbusse
    kbusse Posts: 12
    Options
    Def. Vodka Seltzer (I like to make seltzer at home w/ my soda stream and I make it extra fizzy) with real lime. Has a nice little burn to it and taste good. I also find because it is a bit stronger in alcohol taste I drink it a little more slowly thus curb the time I may have to sit around and order more if I was drinking faster!
  • jedibunny
    Options
    Liquor by itself or with soda water is the best you can do. Avoid the flavored crap as it's usually got sweetener and/or weird additives. In all honesty though, I'm an alcohol snob... and not a huge vodka fan. Tastes too much like rubbing alcohol unless you get top shelf, which isn't cheap.

Interestingly, ANY regular liquor at 80 proof will net you the same calorie count - the higher the proof, the more calories.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/318701-calories-in-liquor-list/

From Livestrong.com:

80 Proof

Unflavored 80 proof vodka, rum, gin, whiskey and tequila contains 40 percent alcohol and 64 calories per ounce. Add a 4-oz. pour of tonic water to any of these and you will add 112 calories. Use a fruit-infused liquor, like raspberry vodka, and you will add 5 calories per ounce. A 1.5-oz. jigger of liquor contains 97 calories, while a 750 ml. bottle contains 1,649 calories.

90 Proof

Switching to 90 proof liquor adds 9 calories per ounce, totaling out at 73 calories. Do not assume that each drink at a bar contains the same amount of alcohol. A vodka tonic using 90 proof vodka will likely be the same size as an 80 proof cocktail, but it will likely cost more and it will contain more alcohol and calories.

100 Proof

Upgrading to 100 proof liquor means you will be drinking 50 percent alcohol and 82 calories per ounce. Some people think that if they drink top shelf liquors, they are less likely to get a hangover. A study at Brown University indicated that hangovers from clear liquors may be less intense than those from dark liquors. A high alcohol content may dehydrate you more, leading to the same hangover effect.

Beer is obviously different - and I love a good full-bodied beer, so chances are I'll be planning ahead to compensate for some of these. Look through this list for your favorites:
    http://www.efficientdrinker.com/beer/complete-calories-abv.html
  • amgnixon
    amgnixon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! thank you everyone for the great suggestions. Very much appreciated.
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    Rum and diet coke is my go-to. But now that someone mentioned vanilla vodka and diet coke, going to have to give this a try!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Tequila and Fresca, love the citrus flavor with the tequila
  • porvenir
    porvenir Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Vodka + Club Soda + Lime
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Mmm yes or Vanilla Vodka and diet cream soda or diet root beer. Delicious :)
  • OnMyWay23
    Options
    Both of these sound delicious. I'm going to have to try them.:smile:

Mmm yes or Vanilla Vodka and diet cream soda or diet root beer. Delicious :)