hCG?

Options
2»

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    p.s. If you were my daughter I would tell you to get off that crack right now and get thee to a gym.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you I was thinking the same thing
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I thought I would just chime in here, too. angyltears, I hope what you are hearing is concern. One of the things I have learned here on MFP from those like arewethereyet and Marla, not to mention others that have lost significant amounts of weight is this: while we are all different, there are some tried and true rules of the road. One of the rules is that weight that comes off quickly typically goes back on the same way. :angry: Its a bummer, but it seems to be true. If you are like me, with a significant, and I mean REALLY SIGNIFICANT amount of weight to lose, you will lose the initial pounds quickly. I lost 11 pounds my first week. Since then, I have been losing a couple of pounds a week.

For me, its not just about the weight loss - its about living life in a less restrictive, more abundant way, doing the things I love that I haven't been able to do because of the weight I've gained. So having said that, one of the reasons your aunt and Molly experienced severe cravings after a couple of weeks is that their bodies were letting them know that they were literally starving to death. Eventually, that craving will become strong enough to override your "will" and make sure you eat if the food is available. Not a healthy place to be. That same set of rules will make sure your body's metabolism slows way down to compensate for the lack of fuel. It also attacks your lean body mass (muscle) for fuel if you aren't fueling your body regularly. Then, when you do eat, your body has "learned" to store every little calorie it can against the next famine, so you bulk up just thinking about food! Its literally a lose, lose situation. In his book, "How to Lower Your Fat Thermostat", Garth Fisher, PhD, a doctor and nutritionist describes this quite well. So does Banks (SHBoss) one of our better informed peers here at MFP.

Again, from what I am learning, which is all I have to offer, we seem to get too hung up on specific numbers. For example, the idea that we all need a minimum of 1200 calories. Its just a number. In fact, it is the number that the World Health Organization determined was a minimum caloric requirement for WOMEN. Men usually need more, pregnant and lactating women need more. Athletes in training need more. When in training, MIchael Phelps consumes 10 times 1200 calories a day! So, 1200 is a number, a minimum rather than maximum number. Next, our ideal or goal weight, again, just a number. We probably should think of our weight in terms of a healthy or ideal range, rather than one magic number. Most measurement standards recommend a range, rather than a number. I am a woman, 5' 10.5" tall. Most of the "standard" tools recommend a range of 139 to 174 lbs for me. However, a nutritionist and fitness expert who works at the fitness institiute at a local hospital, after running a body composition test on me suggested my ideal weight is closer to 185 to 195 lbs. He pointed out that my wrist circumfrence is 7.75 inches -- thats larger than a lot of men. I have a big frame, so I need to adjust accordingly.

So, I hope you are reconsidering the injections. If you are really serious about being healthy and losing weight is a part of that, I urge you to do it in such a way that your body can sustain the weight loss and maintain or build optimal health. Good luck, and make sure you let us know how things are going!