So, what are you looking forward to?

Options
sonjavon
sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
I had to go clothes shopping yesterday - we're going to a brunch and I needed something that was somewhat "Eastery" to wear and something that didn't make me feel like a frump... it was disheartening. I've lost weight, I feel like a whole new person, my existing clothes are getting looser... but when I went to try things on at the store - I STILL felt... ick. I don't LOOk as amazing as I FEEL. Ya know? So... ever the optimist, I began thinking of things that I'm looking forward to...

Not shopping in a plus sized store.
Being able to pick out a pair of pants and NOT CARE if they make my butt look big - because it's not as big as it used to be!
Wearing a bathing suit that doesn't have a "skirt" - I'm tired of feeling like a mix between an 80 year old and a toddler... who by the way, are the only people who should ever have to wear a "skirt".
Being able to paint my own toenails.
Eating an ice cream cone without having to worry if other people are looking at me and thinking... "Mmmhmmm - and she wonders how she got that way..."
Never again having to worry if a seatbelt on a plane will fit
Not having to worry if I can ride an rollercoaster or not because I'm not sure if the safety bar will fit
Not having "thin clothes" in my closet anymore... it'll be so nice to be able to wear anything in my closet.

So.... what are you looking forward to???

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I had to go clothes shopping yesterday - we're going to a brunch and I needed something that was somewhat "Eastery" to wear and something that didn't make me feel like a frump... it was disheartening. I've lost weight, I feel like a whole new person, my existing clothes are getting looser... but when I went to try things on at the store - I STILL felt... ick. I don't LOOk as amazing as I FEEL. Ya know? So... ever the optimist, I began thinking of things that I'm looking forward to...

Not shopping in a plus sized store.
    Being able to pick out a pair of pants and NOT CARE if they make my butt look big - because it's not as big as it used to be!
    Wearing a bathing suit that doesn't have a "skirt" - I'm tired of feeling like a mix between an 80 year old and a toddler... who by the way, are the only people who should ever have to wear a "skirt".
    Being able to paint my own toenails.
    Eating an ice cream cone without having to worry if other people are looking at me and thinking... "Mmmhmmm - and she wonders how she got that way..."
    Never again having to worry if a seatbelt on a plane will fit
    Not having to worry if I can ride an rollercoaster or not because I'm not sure if the safety bar will fit
    Not having "thin clothes" in my closet anymore... it'll be so nice to be able to wear anything in my closet.

So.... what are you looking forward to???
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The seatbelt in the plane is a good one. My husband and I were just on a plane last week. I used to have to ask for the extender. When I buckled up, I still had about 3 inches left!!

I am looking forward to more travelling with my husband. The kids are getting older and the house will be paid for in a couple of years. So... I am really looking forward to feeling healthy enough to walk all over Europe
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Gosh I know just exactly how you feel! I feel the same way! I'm really cautious about trying on new clothes/sizes. Because right now I feel really good about myself, but if I try on something and haven't made quite enough progress, I tend to get frustrated. Some people talk about losing 10 pounds and dropping a size. I seem to lose enough to where my current clothes are baggy, etc, but when I try on the next size down, it's still too small. Oh well. We'll just keep on keepin on!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I had the experience of getting to shop in regular sizes for a few months about 12 years ago. The choices were overwhelming! I'm so accustomed to walking in & buying the biggest (whatever) on sale. But this time I have time & I'm mentally prepared.
    I'm ready!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I especially want to buy a bra in a regular size.
    :bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I oh so know what you feel, UGHH dats suckz But for me to day I actually did drop one size and a half because I use to by my work pants 40-42(men size) now today I wore my 38 pants dat I couldntn wear amonth ago , I WAS SO SO HAPPY. ugh Amazing really:wink:

181273.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • missyt78
    missyt78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :smile: Im lookin forward to getting rid of my "muffin top" lol:laugh: and being able to wear clothes that can flash a bit of midriff without scaring everyone to death! lol

I look forward to being able to run around without feeling puffed so quick, enjoying spending time with my boys. I also really look forward to not looking so tired... even tho im not.. people keep saying i do... thankfully i have 2small boys.. so they are usually my excuse.. even if its a lie :sad: :blushing: lol

Also.. skinny clothes..beautiful dresses and not worrying if its going to get me arrested cause m:laugh: showing too much "excess" body off lolol

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • missyt78
    missyt78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    oh yeah.. n i agree with georg above.. a normal size bra... which doesnt cost a fortune! woohoo..:laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to getting my fat feet to fit in a pair of Manolo's. Barring that being able to find a bra and not worry about back fat spillage!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Gosh I know just exactly how you feel! I feel the same way! I'm really cautious about trying on new clothes/sizes. Because right now I feel really good about myself, but if I try on something and haven't made quite enough progress, I tend to get frustrated. Some people talk about losing 10 pounds and dropping a size. I seem to lose enough to where my current clothes are baggy, etc, but when I try on the next size down, it's still too small. Oh well. We'll just keep on keepin on!

You must be tall. I am 5'10" and I have lost 33 lbs but I can still wear some of the clothes that were snug when I was 33 lbs heavier. I do however have skinny feet, a skinny neck, my fingers are skinnier and my boobs are getting smaller.

Yeah...everyone commented on my fat feet and fingers *sigh*
  • angelascott919
    Options
    I am looking forward to being able to go anywhere and buy any clothes I want. I hate that my options are limited to one or two stores that most of the time I can not afford or mail ordering them and not knowing what I am going to get when it showes up.

I look forward to being able to go out in public and not think that others are looking at me.

I look forward to feeling good and not being in pain from the extra weight that is baring down on my joints.

Like many I look forward to traveling and not worrying about seat belts, and seats being too small.

I look forward to going to concerts and sporting events and not being uncomfortable in their super small seats that hurt my legs.

I look forward to going on job interviews and if I don't get the job thinking that it was probably because of my size.

I look forward to being able to go to a gym and not feeling like an outsider.

I think I could go on and on and on, there are so many things I have always wanted to do but have been afraid to try for fear of not fitting in or simply not fitting.
  • IUChelle423
    IUChelle423 Posts: 197
    Options
    I look forward to not worrying about my body so much.

I look forward to being able to look in my closet and know what will fit/look cute without having to try everything on.

And lastly, I look forward to not freaking out at the mention of "bring your bathing suit" on an invitation and feeling like I have to plan 4-6 weeks ahead for it.