EDAMAME!!

Options
2»

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I find them near other frozen veggies. Usually not a HUGE selection, so look closely! Pict-Sweet (right name??) has a version that you throw whole bag in microwave for a couple of minutes. Remove, sprinkle kosher salt all over. Publix and Cascadian Farms also make them in pod (and sometimes out). If in pod, I throw them in a bowl, cover with a little water, microwave for 2 mins. Remove, top with kosher (or sea) salt and fresh ground pepper. Sit, suck those babies from the shell, and enjoy life. :heart:
  • Jennie522
    Jennie522 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just discovered these too. I find them shelled at Trader Joe's in refrigerated section and frozen in pods (also at TJ's). Pop a handful in the microwave for 45 secs or so and they are great! No seasoning required!
  • ReluctantKiller
    Options
    Aye, been hearing/seeing folks talk about em, so I wanted to at least give em a try... Bought the frozen ones in the pod, tossed em in the microwave (was a microwave steamer pack), and served em with supper... The wife didn't really care for em, nor did our 14 year old (they both stated "I prefer boiled peanuts"), but me and our 4 year old polished off the package no probs.... I think she may have actually eaten more that i did, in fact she ignored the rest of the food on her plate to grab more...
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Steam and eat out the pod! I make a ton and eat it cold as a snack :):love:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Sea Point makes then dry roated slightly salted and they are good to eat for a snack by the handful
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I bought some frozen organic edamame (not in the pod), and it's good when it's cold, too. I don't have it often though.