Hey... when is the best time to eat sweets? I ate a brownie

2»

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Dang, now I want a brownie.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Oh, and the best time to eat it? After you've raced to the snack table at work and knocked that skinny b!tch out of the way and grabbed the last one. :laugh:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    A brownie? Yum.

Dont' feel guilty. Go work out instead. Feeling guilty doesn't burn any calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't have a treat every once and a while, you sincerely will not stick with this. I live for treats.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Actually there is a "best time" to eat a brownie, candy bar, etc. Immediately after your workout. I read this article the other day. Apparently just after you work out your body will store the candy, cookie, brownie up as energy instead of sugar - this article said it's almost impossible for your body to turn it into fat. Here is the link....
    http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/should-you-eat-carbs-after-a-workout.aspx

It's also interesting to read his article "what to eat before, during and after a workout". You'll see a link to that if you read the link I posted. Hope this helps! :smile:

^ This actually has to do with glycogen replenishment more-so than any inherent advantage in weight-loss by eating the brownie post workout. Just clarifying this so that people don't think eating carbs PWO will magically prevent fat storage.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Actually there is a "best time" to eat a brownie, candy bar, etc. Immediately after your workout. I read this article the other day. Apparently just after you work out your body will store the candy, cookie, brownie up as energy instead of sugar - this article said it's almost impossible for your body to turn it into fat. Here is the link....
    http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/should-you-eat-carbs-after-a-workout.aspx

It's also interesting to read his article "what to eat before, during and after a workout". You'll see a link to that if you read the link I posted. Hope this helps! :smile:

^ This actually has to do with glycogen replenishment more-so than any inherent advantage in weight-loss by eating the brownie post workout. Just clarifying this so that people don't think eating carbs PWO will magically prevent fat storage.

YUP!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    "Any time of the day is a good time for pie." - Fabienne, Pulp Fiction.

Same goes for brownies.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    If it makes you feel better, I ate half a pan of brownies yesterday. The ones with 1/2 cup of vegetable oil....mmmm. Pull up your bootstraps and move on. Nobody's perfect.

(No, I didn't log the damn brownies. I didn't need to see the actual number!)
  • hdlb123
    hdlb123 Posts: 112 Member
    i prefer brownies still slightly warm from the oven.
    cookies, too.
    oh, and cake.

ice cream, though? any old time.

The best thing ever us to put the ice cream ON the warm brownie. *drool*
  • Its best when you really want to and can enjoy it.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Oh, and the best time to eat it? After you've raced to the snack table at work and knocked that skinny b!tch out of the way and grabbed the last one. :laugh:

This.

Also, are you going to sit there and say that for the rest of your entire life you will never allow yourself a treat without having a guilty meltdown later? Life is about moderation. Have I lived my life that way up to date? NO, but I have made small changes that will add up to a huge end result.
    Give yourself a break. You know, stress can cause weight gain too!!! :wink:
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    If it makes you feel better, I ate half a pan of brownies yesterday. The ones with 1/2 cup of vegetable oil....mmmm. Pull up your bootstraps and move on. Nobody's perfect.

(No, I didn't log the damn brownies. I didn't need to see the actual number!)

I think I love this chick~!! My kind of gal!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Bad girl! LOL j/k :drinker:
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Best time to eat them is on a cheat day.
  • so eating sweets before a workout is best?
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    You should eat sweets with a meal so that your blood sugar doesn't spike. But calorie wise and calorie is a calorie and it doesn't matter when you eat it.