2»

Replies

• tiktacsr
    Options
    bump
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For us. . Marinated sirloin, baked potato and roasted asparagus. Maybe chocolate lava cake too!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    We're having turkey chili tonight. But I make the following pretty often and it makes a nice presentation for a "special" meal:

Pork Loin with Winter Vegetables

2 lb. pork loin
    1/2 lemon zest
    2tsp rosemary
    1 clove garlic - minced
    black pepper
    2 tblsp olive oil
    2 cups butternut squash 1-2" chunks
    2 cups carrots 1-2" chunks
    2 cups parsnips 1-2" chunks
    2 cups celery 1-2" chunks

Coat a baking pan lightly with some olive oil - rub off excess. Roll pork loin in mixture of remaining oil, lemon zest, rosemary and garlic. Place in center of pan. Arrange vegetables around pork loin. Bake at 450 for approx 45 minutes or until internal temp is 160-165. Set roast on cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Slice at a slight angle into servings about 3/4" thick.

Makes +/- 8 servings - 209 calories

That sounds very similar to what we made last week, except we added rutabaga, sweet potato and turmips and did not add butternut squash.

I love, love, love root vegetables roasted with pork.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm making rigatoni with a creamy pepper sauce---with chicken, roasted red & yellow peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, and herbs.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    We'll be making a big batch of chili together tonight, always fun working together in the kitchen ;)

Dinner itself though I'll either bake chicken breasts or salmon fillet with aztec blend (2 or 3 different rices, dried peas and a grain or two) which she's not expecting for when I go to pick her up for our swim... pool SHOULD be to ourselves due to it being the day it is.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am making chicken Parmesan
    1 tsp olive oil
    2 cloves finely chopped garlic
    1/4 of a small onion finely chopped
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp basil
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Saute garlic and onions (nonstick pan) until onions are soft and garlic is slightly brown then add basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Saute 1 minute then add 1 large can diced tomatoes. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 min. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Pound chicken breast until thin and even thickness.
    In a ziploc bag add italian flavored bread crumbs.
    Rinse chicken and add to bag. Shake to coat chicken.
    Spray top of chicken with cooking spray (optional)
    Bake in oven until cooked through.

I use whole wheat spahettini and to the water I add salt and a few cloves of garlic to add flavor to the pasta.