Back for one more try

I joined a while ago, like months and months ago, and after sacraficing all the foods I love, working my butt off, drinking water, logging food diaries, etc, I still had not lost one pound by being a member here. So I joined TOPS, but my group is more of a social outlet, although a couple of people there really work a program and have lost weight. I went to the doctor and had a physical, she can't find any reason why I should not be able to lose weight, but I don't, even with taking a water pill to reduce my blood pressure. So after months of pitying myself, I'm back for one more try, using a combination of a food plan that worked in the past, TOPS, this site as a way to log my calories and we'll see how it goes.

Replies

• I joined a while ago, like months and months ago, and after sacraficing all the foods I love, working my butt off, drinking water, logging food diaries, etc, I still had not lost one pound by being a member here. So I joined TOPS, but my group is more of a social outlet, although a couple of people there really work a program and have lost weight. I went to the doctor and had a physical, she can't find any reason why I should not be able to lose weight, but I don't, even with taking a water pill to reduce my blood pressure. So after months of pitying myself, I'm back for one more try, using a combination of a food plan that worked in the past, TOPS, this site as a way to log my calories and we'll see how it goes.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    the first thing I would do is change your user name

a constant negative reminder is never a good thing

why remind yourself daily that you are frustrated?

get something positive and move away from the negative past

the power of positive thinking is extremely powerful and having a negative name would not help me think positive

good luck
  • Living4Me
    Living4Me Posts: 33
    welcome back
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Wow, right on Dave!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Congratulations on your choice to make a change!

It is harder, the older we get. Us woman do not have the hormones we did when we were younger, and we dont have the stamina (or so I thought!) to do as much exercise.

Slow and steady wins the race. Eat your calories-exercise to earn more. If I can do it so can you!!

Add me as a friend if you want!

I know you can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Welcome back! I have only been a member for a few months, but I found for me the most important part of this journey, was NOT sacrificing the foods I love. I made a point of taking recipes and foods I loved to eat, and finding a healthier version of those foods.

Every once in a while I will let my self indulge in the real deal ~ like the other day I shared a small Smartie McFlurry with my hubby ~ it felt wonderful to eat the ice cream that I really wanted. I made sure we went for a walk that night to help burn some of those calories and I didn't feel the least bit guilty about it. I just knew that then next day that I would be more strict with my eating...

Wishing you better success the second time around! :happy:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome
    don't look back---look forward to a new adventure, find some supportive MFP friends, make a new start, take it one day at a time, get new ideas and THINK POSITIVE

have a glass of water :drinker: get out your food scale and measuring cups. and start planning your food for the rest of today and tomorrow.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Welcome back, good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    People here may have suggestions as to why you didnt lose weight... but we need more info - how much do you weigh, what do you want to weigh, how tall are you, what are your calories set for, what is your daily calorie intake, what is your exercise calories burned, how did you calculate those exercise cals, etc.

There's bound to be someone with your body type and similiar metabolism..

My first thought is you weren't actually eating enough...
  • Hey Welcome back; I agree with Dave. Change the name to something about where you want ot be instead of where you want to leave. Attitude in everything in life is number one to having success. You can do this. You have what it takes and there is so much support.
    Don't eat what you don\t like. if you change your foods to things you hate even if you do lose you will put it back on when you go back. Find a way to make what you like healthier. So you can make a lifestyle change. It has to be something you can do for life.
    Eat smaller meals every 2-3 hrs instead of large meals. Drink lots of water. I found some great protein bars that make me feel like I am eating a chocolate bar and it really satisfies that sweet tooth, but gives me the combination I need to keep losing.

I know nobody likes to hear this but without excersize you won't get where you want to go. Find a way to have fun doing excersize. Do it with a friend, someone with the same goals. Spend time with people that are moving in the same direction.
    Good Luck...I know you can do it. Choose success!!:smile: