Jillian Michaels' New book on Metabolism

Options
Hey there! Has anyone purchased her new book? Or did anyone go peruse it? I'm curious about your thoughts on it. I really enjoyed Makign the Cut.

Replies

• Eric6
    Eric6 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there! Has anyone purchased her new book? Or did anyone go peruse it? I'm curious about your thoughts on it. I really enjoyed Makign the Cut.
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I got a pre-pub copy a few weeks ago - but haven't taken the time to read it yet! I'll try to do that soon and post my thoughts. (I haven't read her other books, just love her workout dvds.)
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I haven't purchased it but she is quite inspriational in her own way, I think I will
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I looked at it at Barnes and Noble today...it looks like she's packed in a lot of great info...espcially about hormones, etc. But, I saw that it's MUCH cheaper on-line through Target & Amazon.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I ordered it today through AMAZON.com...can't wait for it to get here!!! :happy: Has anyone else out there ordered it?
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I am going to purchase it tomorrow if I can find it. I have looked at both Target and our local one stop shop but cant seem to find it. May have to look on Amazon!

I will let you all know my thoughts.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I have purchased and read it (I know, I'm a nerd. It really can't be helped :smile: ). Since I'm a frequent listener to her show, I had heard some of the info before, but I am really disturbed by some of the things that the government is allowed to do with food that we have no idea about. I am looking for ways to cut the fat from my budget so that I can spend more money on healthier orgainic foods. This book explains so much about why Americans have steadily increased in size over the last 20-30 years. The scientific parts were interesting (once again, Nerd here.), but after that she goes over how to fix the problems and even gives a master list of foods that every kitchen should have. It also includes recipes. I think it was a good purchase and a good read, but I love JM so I may be a bit biased. :love:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I have purchased and read it (I know, I'm a nerd. It really can't be helped :smile: ). Since I'm a frequent listener to her show, I had heard some of the info before, but I am really disturbed by some of the things that the government is allowed to do with food that we have no idea about. I am looking for ways to cut the fat from my budget so that I can spend more money on healthier orgainic foods. This book explains so much about why Americans have steadily increased in size over the last 20-30 years. The scientific parts were interesting (once again, Nerd here.), but after that she goes over how to fix the problems and even gives a master list of foods that every kitchen should have. It also includes recipes. I think it was a good purchase and a good read, but I love JM so I may be a bit biased. :love:

Good info...Thanks! When I was perusing it, I noticed some of her comments about organic foods, and about household item, like chlorinated paper towels, etc. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it and really diving into the book!

Have you tried any of the recipes yet?
  • Mickie17
    Options
    OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book is fantastic!!! I am learning soooooo much about hormones and other crap that's affecting my body. I highly recommend this book. Suddenly so much is making sense to me now!