Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!! I appreciate your advice....I figured their were enough ppl here on MFP, that I could get a pretty broad spectrum of things that work and things that don't especially where exercise is concerned! And of course if I have any major issues I will contact my artist(as some of you suggested) right away.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i got a back tattoo done by bamboo , so i was able to work out the next day. All i was told to do was wash it before and after with a non smelly soap, and apply no smelly cream after cleaning it :)
  • Niki130
    Options
    After I got my back tattoo done I just didn't wear a bra to the gym :laugh: You could maybe wear a normal bra if you have to wear one. Just wash it with soap and water after! And put some good extra healing non scented soap on it! Do not cover it again! That is the worst thing for it. And it looks lovely by the way! :wink:
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    When I had my back done, I took a week off from hi-impact workouts that require a sports bra....i stuck to walking and lifting
  • jwerman
    Options
    After I got my back tattoo done I just didn't wear a bra to the gym :laugh: You could maybe wear a normal bra if you have to wear one. Just wash it with soap and water after! And put some good extra healing non scented soap on it! Do not cover it again! That is the worst thing for it. And it looks lovely by the way! :wink:
    Thanks for the compliment and the advice... :) I'm a little nervous going braless, my girls even after 69 lbs gone are still kinda large so...it's something that will take some getting use to! ;)
  • jwerman
    Options
    When I had my back done, I took a week off from hi-impact workouts that require a sports bra....i stuck to walking and lifting
    ^^ pretty sure this or something like this is what I'm gonna do. No aerobics class or 30DS for a while, but I have a treadmill at home...thinking that's where I'm gonna be for a while! ;)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I have a back tat, very like the one in your avitar!:noway:
    I was back at the gym the next day, I just made sure it was well moisturised & carried on as normal with no problems or damage to my tat. & I wore my sports bra, I'm way to 'blessed' to even think about going without.
  • rataliek
    rataliek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would wait a few days until it's no longer an "open wound." I'd be more concerned of whatever's floating around the gym, the floor or on the equipment getting into a new tattoo than sweat. Every time I get tattooed I don't wait more than 4 days at most. Just listen to your body. If it's healing well, doesn't have any signs of infection and you keep it clean then I would definitely continue to exercise and just wear a shirt that covers it. Considering the tattoo isn't in a place that creases much wtih movement, you should be ok!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    When in doubt....ask your tattoo artist!

When I got my ribs done I waited just 1 day before going back to doing Combat and body pump. All my artist told me was to make sure I wash it and moisturize it. He said as long as I'm not rolling around on the sweaty gym floor without a shirt on that I should be fine. LOL
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be concerned so much with a brand new one. It is once it starts to heal and ITCH like crazy that I'd be worried about damaging it.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i got drilled saturday and havent worked out since .... i wait till after its peeled to start exercising again .. so usually 4-7 days
  • Angelangi
    Options
    I would take at least 4-6 days off before you began in hard training. The sweating is not really the problem but the stretching of the skin and the straining of the muscle fibers behind the skin can put a lot of preasure on the new tattoo.