The burden is on you

Options
1235»

Replies

• MystiqueASAP
    Options
    That thread is a trainwreck of overentitled *kitten* and the rational people who are tying to talk them out of their douchebaggery.

There is no hope.

:drinker: So true.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    BOOM! what he said!
  • jellyfishbones
    jellyfishbones Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good reminder. Thanks!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    And knowing is half the battle...

Here you go!
    knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

....and here you go!

battle-t-shirt.jpg
  • smilewithkatherine
    Options
    Words to live by!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    loooove this.

also, i want some effing pizza now.
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Love this! And this comes from a former "Everyone is Sabotaging Me" mentality! It wasn't until I put the responsibility on myself and stopped blaming others for my problems, that I started to see results.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Love this! And this comes from a former "Everyone is Sabotaging Me" mentality! It wasn't until I put the responsibility on myself and stopped blaming others for my problems, that I started to see results.
    Out of curiosity, how would this post have felt if you were still in the "Everyone is Sabotaging Me" mentality? Would you be motivated to change? Would reading this post be the tipping point? Would you see the post and all the replies and think to yourself "Wow, I really do need to put on my big girl pants and start taking some responsibility!"?

I agree with the OP. Making excuses gets us nowhere. Blaming others is a waste of time. I am responsible for my own success. But I think it's easy to forget that some of us have to get to a point where it makes sense and is something to live by/strive for. And sometimes getting to that point is a long, arduous battle.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how would this post have felt if you were still in the "Everyone is Sabotaging Me" mentality? Would you be motivated to change? Would reading this post be the tipping point? Would you see the post and all the replies and think to yourself "Wow, I really do need to put on my big girl pants and start taking some responsibility!"?

I agree with the OP. Making excuses gets us nowhere. Blaming others is a waste of time. I am responsible for my own success. But I think it's easy to forget that some of us have to get to a point where it makes sense and is something to live by/strive for. And sometimes getting to that point is a long, arduous battle.

Yes, sometimes getting there is a long, arduous battle. But maybe the OP's kick *kitten* message pissed off one of those of the *kitten* mentality just enough to make him/her think. We all tick in different ways. Sometimes, it's the overthinkers and overanalyzers who need to be kicked in the *kitten* to get them moving... I know I've been one of them, and still am sometimes.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Stop sabotaging me!
  • amczapp
    Options
    some days are easier then others, knowing basic calorie counts, there is a ticker going off in my head saying no to those desires. I find the best thing is not to have something sweet it only spurs more desire on.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Fantastic. This mindset was the only thing that got me to change.
  • heleflump
    Options
    This is what I love about MFP members - just when I am dangerously close to getting to the self pitying whining "Why me?" stage (which happened this morning after gaining from valentines day) there is a post like this that verbally slaps you round the face and gives you a much needed kick up the *kitten* to carry on. It makes me remember that one of things I have loved so far is being in control of my wieght for the first time ever - it's my body - no one else's and I am responsible for what goes in and what it does - the sooner we realise that no one else is to blame or has that control - the sooner we can work towards having the body we want and deserve - now BRING ON THE CELERY!!!! Thanks so much for this post!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is what I love about MFP members - just when I am dangerously close to getting to the self pitying whining "Why me?" stage (which happened this morning after gaining from valentines day) there is a post like this that verbally slaps you round the face and gives you a much needed kick up the *kitten* to carry on. It makes me remember that one of things I have loved so far is being in control of my wieght for the first time ever - it's my body - no one else's and I am responsible for what goes in and what it does - the sooner we realise that no one else is to blame or has that control - the sooner we can work towards having the body we want and deserve - now BRING ON THE CELERY!!!! Thanks so much for this post!
    You gained water weight.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Do you want to lose weight, get fit, get strong, get healthy? There is only one person who can make this happen and one person who can stop you, and that is yourself. It's not the food industry. It's not MFP. It's not your personal trainer. Your coworker eating McDonald's has nothing to do with your efforts, and neither does your son, daughter, wife, husband, lover, best friend, worst enemy, or supermarket cashier. Some of these people may be supportive and understanding; some may not. Whoever is eating pizza next to you is not sabotaging your efforts. They're eating their ****ing lunch. The only thing you can control is yourself, and guess what, you have 100% full control of your destiny.

Take responsibility. Kick some *kitten*. Stop whining. Make your dreams come true.

So true man. Thanks
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Dang - now you have forced me to get up from the couch to clap hands and shout "BRAVO!!"

But by the way - did someone buy pizza and not offer ME any!!!