So happy to have found this Site!

Hi everyone,
Finding this site has given me a real incentive to get on track and hopefully stay on track. Lots of great tips and encouragement.
Looking forward to being a part of this community and sharing our road to success in becoming healthier!

Replies

• Hi everyone,
    Finding this site has given me a real incentive to get on track and hopefully stay on track. Lots of great tips and encouragement.
    Looking forward to being a part of this community and sharing our road to success in becoming healthier!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • I even got my husband to join - so together - with the help of everyone here, we will eat healthier and live better. Great tips and encouragement from all - thank you.................
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP this is a great site.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

My husband joined a few days after I did and he's gotten a lot of help too.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take the time to explore all the features and join a challenge or support group. There's a50+ women group under motivation and support and a lot of challenge groups in other places.

I log my food the night before so I don't have to be thinking about food all day.

Take it one day at a time and take baby steps and you will be amazed by the results. And drink lots of waterr :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    good luck :bigsmile:
  • I think logging my food the nite before is what will help me a great deal. Knowing and setting boundries for eating is going to help me stay on track (i hope). My usual habits are eating whatever, whenever and not giving it any thought until after I'm done.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    for the three weeks before I found MFP I started by planning my meals ahead of time and sticking to the plan----at that point my lunches were something like PBJ with margarine on very heavy bread with a side of chips but at least I planned three meals and an evening snack and ate NOTHING in between. In those three weeks I lost 4 pound and when I got to MFP and started counting calories I already was used to making a food plan and sticking to it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: