Thanks Panera

Options
I love Panera Bread's low fat chicken soup. Today I went and got my soup and bread, which works out to about 300 calories. Because I have a Panera card, the woman behind the counter swiped it a said I had a free pastry or desert. I asked for a chocolate chipper cookie, which I figured I might eat later. The woman, who knows I've been working at losing weight, said, "Just a heads up, it almost 450 calories." HOLY CRAP! For a cookie??? So glad she said something. I gave it to a coworker. Sucker.

Replies

• risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Aw that was sweet of her. That sucks though :(
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Wow. Nice of her to let you know. I doubt many would.
  • kjones3535
    Options
    It was really nice of her to tell you. I got the cookie from city bites (local sandwich shop). When i looked it up it was 550 calories. Needless to say I have not ordered one of those since.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sucker. Hahahahahaha :laugh:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I know!! I discovered that about the chocolate mint crinkle cookie. 400 whatever calories! YIKES!!!!! :noway:
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    That was nice that she said something!!

I was in a Caribou a while back and wanted to try something different than my northern lite...the lady said that some mocha thing was only 20 calories more.

Looked it up on my phone after I drank half of it and it was 'only 250' calories more than my usual!! Ugh.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how a cookie could be 450 calories (unless it's a really really big one). I don't skimp on the fat, flour, or sugar when I make cookies, but they don't come to anwhere near 450 calories apiece.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow! A home made chocolate chip cookie is only going to run you about 125 calories.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Really nice of her to give you the heads up for sure! I have a Panera card as well, and have let a few free items go by for that reason...I'm not as strong as you (mine probably wouldn't make it back to the co-workers..LOL).

LOVE the low-fat chicken noodle soup though! Great job!
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. My husband gets one of those everytime we go (he's super skinny) and I just have a pinch of his. They're SO good -- but huge and calorie dense. ;) Best to take a pinch and pass it on! haha
  • JeanLew
    Options
    Panera's cookies are gigantic.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love Panera! The last time I bought something they swiped my card and I got a free you-pick-two. :o I used it for a cheat day so my lunch was a lot more than 300 calories, hehe, but hey, it was free! :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I knowly got a cookie today at Jimmy John's...420 calories and was worth it. :blushing: But good for you for passing it up!!