Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tony Horton's Power 90 In-Home Boot Camp program

I am 55 years old, overweight, and out of shape. I looked at the P90x and decided I am not anywhere near ready for it. I kept looking and see that this may be a good start for me. Has anyone on here tried it? Did it work for you when you actually worked the program? Is there anything special I need (like weights, or mats etc?).

Thanks in advance for any input.

Replies

• tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    P90 is the "beginner" level for the P90X series - if you are not ready for P90x - P90 is definitely the place to start. Its good, but can get a bit boring, as you only have a few DVDs in rotation.

But you will get results, and it lets you see if you like Tonys training style, before investing in P90X (if you choose to)

You can do the whole program with resistance bands, which are included. But eventually, if you stay with that program, and repeat it, you will probably want to invest in some hand weights.

I suggest you look at the reviews on Amazon, as it gives a very good feel for the program, what it can and cannot do, so you know what to expect. Lots of user ages, and fitness level have posted reviews, so you can get a pretty well rounded range of info

http://www.amazon.com/POWER-90-Hortons-Transformation-Workout/dp/B000VEVVIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329247515&sr=8-1
  • I'm currently doing the program and love it. I'm 25 and work as a full time special education teacher so I have little time to do workouts or go to the gym. I LOVE the program. I burn a lot of calories. I've even done the program with my mom who is 51 and had a total knee replacement. I bought a resistance band instead of using the one that came with the program because I needed a lighter resistance, but you can certainly use weights. Good luck! It has worked great for me.