support/buddy wanted with similiar interests/goals

Options
Hello! I am a 37 year old mom of 2 boys, ages 6 and 2. I am a nurse so I know how to eat healthy and actually love to work out. The problem is after taking care of everyone else, including my 38 year old husband, I slack when it comes to taking care of myself.
Every week or so, I get all excited about starting an exercise program and eating better and I become lazy and don't do it.
I am a fun and extremely positive person. It is actually crazy that I feel that I need someone for support. If I know my support person already worked out today, I am hoping it will give me the incentive to get my butt a moving.,,and vice versa.
I would actually like to lose 50-70 pounds. I live in Ohio and with warm weather just around the corner, I feel like I need to get myself in gear.
Any takers???

Replies

• bethskaggs
    bethskaggs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a 37 year old mom of 2 boys, ages 6 and 2. I am a nurse so I know how to eat healthy and actually love to work out. The problem is after taking care of everyone else, including my 38 year old husband, I slack when it comes to taking care of myself.
    Every week or so, I get all excited about starting an exercise program and eating better and I become lazy and don't do it.
    I am a fun and extremely positive person. It is actually crazy that I feel that I need someone for support. If I know my support person already worked out today, I am hoping it will give me the incentive to get my butt a moving.,,and vice versa.
    I would actually like to lose 50-70 pounds. I live in Ohio and with warm weather just around the corner, I feel like I need to get myself in gear.
    Any takers???
  • ecm027
    ecm027 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there, I could use a buddy. I keep trying over and over again to lose weight. I did really well on LA Weight Loss. I found out quickly that I had no portion control and that the vegetables I love are carbs, and not veggies.

I love to eat, mostly garbage. Sugar is my down fall. I did manage to exercise today.

I have approximately 60 pounds to lose. I did get a great start and loss 16 pounds, but then I stopped about 6 weeks ago and I need to kick it into gear.

I'm going on a cruise this September and I want to be smaller. Just cleaned out the closet today, and because I did so well on LAWL, I have a whole new wardrobe waiting for me!

I know I can do it, I just need someone to help motivate me in terms of exercise, and to stay away from the Smarties!

I found this routine that I really enjoy doing. It was put out by Self magazine, called Bikini Ready Fast.

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and winter is finally starting to give way. Walking the dog might help!

Liz
  • bethskaggs
    bethskaggs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Liz! I am thrilled! Tomorrow is a bad day for me to start, but I am going to atleast do better than I have been. Actually, lately anything goes. I am taking the kids to church in the morning and then to in-laws for lunch and my parents for dinner. I will definately keep you in mind when I am putting food on my plate.
    I haven't started the calorie counter yet. I plan on doing that tomorrow evening when I begin to plan my meals for Monday. I work full-time and eat much better when I pack my own lunch.
    And working out.....Honestly, I will probably peek online tomorrow evening to see how your day went.
    Probably for tomorrow, I will walk on our treadmill for 30 minutes. The kids will be in bed by 9pm and my husband will be off to work for nightshift.
    Are you married? Kids?
    Thanks again for note and I look forward to giving the "buddy" system a try.
    Beth
  • ecm027
    ecm027 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Beth,

Like you I am 38 going on 39. I am divorced for about 14 years, no children.

I work full time as well and my dog is like my baby. He's 13 going on 14.

I work for the post office. I worked really hard at my career for the past 12 years and did well. Now I want to work on me and my personal life. A job is rewarding but it gets boring after you succeed. You just realize that there is always somewhere higher you can go and doing well and putting in the time takes away from more important things. So I am working on hobbies, and personal life and weight management. By the time I turn 40, I want to look my best. I have never been a beauty by any means but by 40 I hope to change that!

Don't get me wrong, I am very positive!!

I'm surprised that you even have time to work out! Two kids, a husband and a job. When do you get 10 minutes for yourself is beyond me, but I'm glad that you are willing to try the buddy buddy thing. I need someone to help me with exercise and eating as well.

Like you today everything is off the charts. I did start putting my food in my tracker, two days ago, and I haven't made my goal in the last two days at all. It was weird noticing that things I thought were good to eat weren't. I keep learning. I'll get this yet!! :) I'm averaging about 300 calories over. It will get better.

I know there is a mail function on this website somewhere, but I'm not sure how to use it just yet. Do you mind, if we try regular email? You can reach me at lizmartin27@yahoo.com. So where abouts in Ohio do you live? Have you been there your whole life? I tend to move around a bit. I have lived in 4 of our 10 provinces.

My worst eating habits are my brothers binges. He moved in my place when I left the province to work and when I came back he never moved out. So he brings home Tim Horton's donuts and hot chocolate, or pizza, spare ribs, what ever and that kills me.....Just when you think you have done well, smack temptation is right there in your face. Since he really doesn't do much a donut and a drink is like a huge effort and bonding moment for him. I know excuses!

Well, I have to go to family lunch and dinner as well. Have a great day, eat what you want, but remember tomorrow we are back on the horse and we need to exercise and eat proper portions! If you can exercise tonight that would be great! If not, we start tomorrow!

Take care,

Liz
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: