anxiety/workout

Options
I was doing my 8th day of insanity and had a anxiety/tearful episode. I had to stop the workout and could not start back. It was weird, I usually kick butt during my workouts. Insanity is a whole new workout though, very intense. just wandering if anyone ever had this happen. One of my mfp friends thought diet might play a role.

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    It does sound like you could be over doing it.....do you have off days and are you eating enough calories? For 150 days I worked out everyday so the I could get the extra calories...it was too much. Now I also have a spike day once a week.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It could be the intensity just set you off. I've done it before with a Jillian Michaels video, and I hear Insanity is worse. I'm not that type of insane! LOL.

Good for you for trying! The anxiety may be that you're not used to struggling with an exercise video? Not sure, but seems reasonable to me!
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Actually it's kind of weird that you ask this. I've done Insanity in the past. I only lasted about 3 wks, but anyway...I did fine.

I JUST literally took the fit test like in the last 15 mins, and I noticed I felt a little strange. I couldn't get through the whole fit test the way I would have liked. I didn't have an anxiety attack or whatever, but I felt the jitters like what anxiety can do to you. I just kept thinking maybe it's what I was for lunch or something. I've been trying to eat a lowER carb diet, but today I allowed myself to eat a sandwich and fries...I haven't eaten like that in a WHILE so I dunno if it was like a sugar thing or what, but my heart was pounding like crazy and SO WEIRD my lungs started to hurt. I don't know. I mean when you have an anxiety attack, your heart races, so maybe from working so hard and getting your heart rate up so high, it triggered one.