I've gone from couch to runner in 2 months :)

Options
osmium
osmium Posts: 107 Member
I am feeling pretty amazing. I started the Couch to 5K beginner running program on the 11th February. I have always wanted to be a runner for no other reason than it always seemed like the pinacle of fitness and far too hard for me. I've tried and failed at many points during my life to be a runner, generally weighing a lot less than I do now too. I finished C25K program on the 1st April :) I love running so much I have continued and just finished my longest run ever today - an 8km trail run up and down hill! Not too shabby for a 195lb fat lady :smile:

Replies

• osmium
    Options
    I am feeling pretty amazing. I started the Couch to 5K beginner running program on the 11th February. I have always wanted to be a runner for no other reason than it always seemed like the pinacle of fitness and far too hard for me. I've tried and failed at many points during my life to be a runner, generally weighing a lot less than I do now too. I finished C25K program on the 1st April :) I love running so much I have continued and just finished my longest run ever today - an 8km trail run up and down hill! Not too shabby for a 195lb fat lady :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg u inspire me!!!:drinker:
  • LOSINGITALL
    Options
    WOW!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That's great! :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,946 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success. I'm on week two of C25K - though I am run-walking the same intervals, but for an hour. I had been making up my own intervals for a couple weeks before starting C25K, now I'm so excited to be on the path to "becoming" a runner.

I am inspired by your story. I really love it, and I was just like you are: always wanted to be able to run. Daggonit - I'm gonna do it!

:drinker: :flowerforyou: To YOU!!
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    Well done. You go girl! :glasses:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    That's Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great job I am so happy for you !!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    You are amazing! I've looked at the C25K site before, and I do aspire one day to be "the runner". Thank you for sharing that with us! AWESOME awesome AWESOME!
  • osmium
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I really love the C25K program, so if you are thinking about it - give it a go! It's just made such a difference in my life so far. I want to lose weight so I can run faster now!

cmriverside - Cool! You'll be a runner before you know it. I started week 1 and found the 60sec runs pretty hard. That's only 2 months ago, I'm still surprised when I realise how short a time it really has been,
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! I know what you are talking about. I have become a runner @ 43. My fitness program has been training for a mini marathon. On Jan 23 '09, I could barely walk at a 3.5mph pace for 30 minutes without getting winded. Now, I can pace @ 4.3 mph and run a 12 minute mile without getting too winded. Congrats on your success. You have inspired me to continue running even after the minimarathon. Thanks for sharing.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!