needing recipe help

Options
I am new to this and I am having a hard itme getting enough calories at the end of the day. Any suggestions on high calorie low carb, low fat, and low protein food?.. This has baffled me!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well, see, calories have to come from one of those sources, so you can't have low carb AND low fat AND low protein.

If you need to go over on one of them, I'd suggest protein. It's generally thought that the default levels on MFP are pretty low, and you could take up to 100g a day without any big concerns.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about adding calories at the end of the day IF you are adding healthy, nutritious foods. Carbs are OK - just make sure they are high quality (protien and fiber rich). Fat is OK too - just stay away from saturated and Trans fats. Protien - good too as long as it's not highly processed (sodium, cholesterol)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Just aim for healthy for now! Maybe browse through allrecipe.com low calorie recipes for inspiration. :love:

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/healthy-recipes/low-calorie/main.aspx?src=3856_31