How should I take this MFP message?

Options

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    That is just really wierd.

makes you wonder about some of the threads tho, asking what type of car you drive, where ate you from, What's your real name or when's your birthday. These I regard as personal questions unless you've become good friends with someone. I would never post those kind of answers in public message boards. Maybe I'm too cautious. Think about it tho. Scammers etc only need a few personal details.

Creepy...made me more wary now.
    I'm not overly paranoid but I think the same thing about those threads; pet's name, origin of your username, car, etc. If I was a scammer I could post forums like that all the time just to harvest the answers and I'll betcha that I could get something useful out of them.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they are related to the Nigerian prince I sent my account numbers to last month. Expecting a big payoff any day now. :happy:

Hey, wait a minute - something's not right - cuz he said I'm the only living relative, what gives?
  • sco8462
    Options
    I wonder if they are related to the Nigerian prince I sent my account numbers to last month. Expecting a big payoff any day now. :happy:

Wait. You're getting a big payoff? They promised me I was the only one. Dang. I think I might have been had.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If he included an email address, you can post it and the message here: http://thescambuster.co.uk/Submit Scam Email.htm
  • amehime
    amehime Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    agreed. i would report to myfitnesspal so they know it's going on. it's probably against the terms of service or something, and detracting from the usefulness of the site.
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    So he wants you to be his mother? CREEPY!!! You did the right thing.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    oh yes....scam spam....i'd report him ..... its happened to me and a friend in the past....execpt this guy said his son was in hospital and the doctors refused to operate until he paid them $500.00...........RIGHT
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Dodgy as ... It's a scam for sure ..
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    spam/creep
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    da phuck?
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    creepy
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    YOU FOUND MY SON!????! :noway:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    block it
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I lost the love of my mom during the year 1994 as a result of a war that was caused through a sale over a guinea fowl.
    Ah, the Great 1994 Guinea Fowl War...so many unnecessary deaths. So tragic.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Scam. *Yawn* I'm pretty sure I've gotten that one a couple of times over the years, usually to my yahoo email.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I was a bit creeped out when I recieved this message on MFP. I don't quite know how to take it, should I be flattered or offended? I have blocked this person as this is not the type of message I would expect from this site. I have removed the name of the sender. Opinions?

So here it is:

" Hello Madam I am with much pleasure to send you this email. By the way I will for ever stand by to say sorry if you don't expect any email from you. How are you doing with your beloved famioly? I hope Insha Allah you shall for ever Blah Blah Blah....:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    Just hand over your banking info as well as your SS# and just see what happens.
    He could be the one!:love:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I would have stopped reading at Allah (nothing personal, just that's usually what these e-mails are) and deleted it as spam. Don't respond, just delete it.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Would agree to make certain that it's reported on MFP. I would be creeped out too.
  • aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get these in my hotmail all the time. Broken english "girls" asking me to be their friends and/or do them and/or marry them.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Poor spelling/language/grammar and out of the country= 's da-lete!