Options

Replies

• rrrbecca11
    Options
    I don't eat donuts. :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my calorie intake for the day then it's moderation.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    To me "moderation" means that no food is off limits as long as it falls within my calorie allotment.
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ShaSimone
    Options
    One serving is moderation. Not an entire box like a lot of us have done in the past. If it fits in your calorie goals, and you roller derby afterward and work it off...I say WHY NOT!?!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Moderation is fantastic. My mother always said a little of what you like won't hurt you. However, for me, I eat donuts maybe twice a year. I eat fast food about that much too. One donut a week won't kill you and if it keeps you happy I say keep doing it. For me they just don't taste good enough for how many calories are in them. Moderation is different for everyone. Some people have a cheat day, others a cheat meal. Its all about what works for you. I'm also an all or nothing person. If I don't ever have a potato chip I dont' ever have to stop. Get my drift?

Moderation got my grandmother both legs amputated and a host of other complications from Diabetes.

No Thanks.

I will live my life all natural to the best of my ability and affordability.

Sarcasm? :huh:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    As long as it meets your macros...... anything goes.

Moderation to me is keeping that in mind.... so you dont have a doughnut and candy.... and end up with no calories left for the rest of the day, or low on protein.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Who can only eat 1 donuts?
    It is easier to not eat any, once you get the taste you want more
    Happy Valentines Day
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my daily allotment it's moderation to me. I'm slowly going over to the "eat clean" camp though because I'm starting to realize that the more processed stuff I eat, the hungrier and less satisfied I feel for the day.
  • yesthistime
    Options
    One serving is moderation. Not an entire box like a lot of us have done in the past. If it fits in your calorie goals, and you roller derby afterward and work it off...I say WHY NOT!?!

I like this answer. I would be in a lot better condition if I could stick to serving sizes and if I could make sure to work out when I've had a high-calorie treat. I'm a work in progress :flowerforyou:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I keep my calorie deficit. I hit my macros. I get some burn.

Rest is whatever i feel like. The bigger my burn, the more i can splash out and enjoy it. :D
  • yesthistime
    Options
    Who can only eat 1 donuts?

The OP :flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I think a donut a week *is* pretty moderate, assuming that you're not eating other rubbish all the time. If you're eating processed foods, fatty foods, sugary foods on a daily basis, but staying within calories... well, you can still lose weight that way, but I'm not sure you'll build fitness.
  • chaoticxinsane
    Options
    If it's late in the evening and I'm still under my goal (1400) and ESPECIALLY if I'm under 1200, that's when I spoil myself with the small pile of treats and snacks my mom gave me for my birthday (-_-;; Silly woman KNOWS I'm trying to diet. I do not need 2 bags of doritoes staring me in the face).

Or if I know I'm going to have a long day (Sundays are usually 20ish hours long before I finally sleep again) I'll let myself have a can of real pop instead of diet, or -A- (single) (one) (I-don't-care-if-they're-5-for-5-dollars-only-get-ONE) doughnut or something.

Also every Tuesday, one of my coworkers buys everyone cinnamon buns from the local bakery. So I'll nibble a bit on it and give the leftover to my boyfriend when I get off work.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Moderation got my grandmother both legs amputated and a host of other complications from Diabetes.

No Thanks.

impossible.
    One could define moderation as eating in such a way that you dont get diabetes or complications from it.

However, judging by your user name, id probably have better luck talking to a brick wall.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    some people are in the 'only eat clean' camp and some are in the 'everything in moderation' camp. if you fall in the everything in moderation camp, what is your definition of moderation for donuts?

hahaha funny! Even after a long run my stomach can only handle 1 donut. More than that I'll get sick!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on the person. But I consider eating something in moderation if it's done very infrequently when compared to how people who abuse a food tend to eat it. Also, I consider moderation anything not done to access and not done to the point of being harmful.

Even good food can be overeaten. So moderation is a moderate portion eaten appropriately. At least that's my take on it.

Donuts are not a good food and have no redeeming qualities. They go straight to fat. They are not nutritious to any extent. They are a pure comfort food. If a person indulges in one medium-sized one per week, I doubt it would matter too much. One a month would not matter at all. On the other hand, if you're a person who can inhale a pound just by looking at food, one a year may be too much.

Bottom line: It's a personal thing. If you feel good about it, not guilty, go for it. But keep in mind that we pay for all unhealthy habits we develop. We pay in time. We should have our little pleasures or life isn't much fun. But if we want to have a long, healthy life, we have to learn to enjoy eating healthy foods in moderate portions.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Moderation is fantastic. My mother always said a little of what you like won't hurt you. However, for me, I eat donuts maybe twice a year. I eat fast food about that much too. One donut a week won't kill you and if it keeps you happy I say keep doing it. For me they just don't taste good enough for how many calories are in them. Moderation is different for everyone. Some people have a cheat day, others a cheat meal. Its all about what works for you. I'm also an all or nothing person. If I don't ever have a potato chip I dont' ever have to stop. Get my drift?

No Thanks.

You're saying that eating within reasonable limits causes all those health issues? Please explain.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    they just don't taste good enough for how many calories are in them.

This!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Moderation IMO, is being able to eat what you want and stay within daily calorie limits.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition