Most RIDICULOUS gift EVER!

Options

Replies

• craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    this is the exact reason my husband and i dont give gifts.. if he wants something or i want something and its in the budget we just get it.. i dont like postponing pleasure.. so when these holidays come around we're off the hook trying to think of something..

we do other things as gifts to each other :wink:

COSIGN. =)
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I was going to contribute but remembered that the forums are Google searchable. I would hate for the offending gift giver to see my post.

... something everyone should keep in mind :flowerforyou:

In that case....

I think I might get flowers this year...

BUT I WOULD REALLY REALLY LIKE JEWELERY.

There we go. :wink:
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Chorizo!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've had my eye on a vacuum at Target for a while now, so I wouldn't mind that as a gift! haha. Or a new microwave, we need a new one! I would have never thought I'd get excited over appliances a few years ago, lol.

But anyways, me and my fiance got bikes for Valentine's Day, and he got me a new Sims 3 stuff pack. Exactly what I asked for :) I've never really got any bad gifts, I always tell him what I want. lol

looking forward to reading other replies though!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    My husband is pretty awful about gifts, and by that I mean he doesn't give them, lol, not for my birthday, our anniversary, christmas, nothing. It's very rare I get a present.

2 years ago on Valentines I got a Tiffany & Co. bracelet (that I very rarely take off)
    Last year...nothing
    This year...a FB post:

"Oh Happy Valentines Day to my lovely wonderful wife. Even though she yelled at me for having my dress shoes on in the kitchen this morning. She is the best wife ever. When I wake up some mornings with a black eye she comforts me. When I feel sick and nauseous after home cooked meals, she is there for me. She even keeps a hammer under the bed to protect me from intruders! Happy Facebook Valentines day. Wouldn't choose any other woman in the world to off me for life insurance!"
    that's cute
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends got an unwanted hair trimmer from her hubby.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    My husband is pretty awful about gifts, and by that I mean he doesn't give them, lol, not for my birthday, our anniversary, christmas, nothing. It's very rare I get a present.

2 years ago on Valentines I got a Tiffany & Co. bracelet (that I very rarely take off)
    Last year...nothing
    This year...a FB post:

"Oh Happy Valentines Day to my lovely wonderful wife. Even though she yelled at me for having my dress shoes on in the kitchen this morning. She is the best wife ever. When I wake up some mornings with a black eye she comforts me. When I feel sick and nauseous after home cooked meals, she is there for me. She even keeps a hammer under the bed to protect me from intruders! Happy Facebook Valentines day. Wouldn't choose any other woman in the world to off me for life insurance!"

OMG, this is too funny. Sounds like a keeper.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends got an unwanted hair trimmer from her hubby.

Ouch
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I got my ex a vacuum cleaner and a note that said "This is so you know your place."

And I had to leave HER. Go figure.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    my wife had the cd/radio in my car replaced with a "nicer" one. Only problem, the buttons on it are so small, it's almost unusable. Luckily it came with a remote control which has larger buttons. And yes, I use a remote control in my car to change radio stations.......And I've never figured out how to set the clock on it. I've searched the manual and their website and there are no directions anywhere and none of the obvious stuff works for changing the time settings.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    my wife had the cd/radio in my car replaced with a "nicer" one. Only problem, the buttons on it are so small, it's almost unusable. Luckily it came with a remote control which has larger buttons. And yes, I use a remote control in my car to change radio stations.......And I've never figured out how to set the clock on it. I've searched the manual and their website and there are no directions anywhere and none of the obvious stuff works for changing the time settings.

The VAST majority of people should never, I repeat NEVER, purchase anything remotely to do with a car without a professionals help.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I got my ex a vacuum cleaner and a note that said "This is so you know your place."

And I had to leave HER. Go figure.

so funny!!
  • physistwife
    Options
    My mother in law got me a clock for Christmas two years ago. Not just any clock, a motion sensor clock with a different breed of cat for each hour, and best of all it has a different cat meow sound for each hour......I am not a cat fan.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    The BEST gift ever???? Ex got served with divorce papers today!!!! ....AND it should be final the day before my b-day. What more could a girl ask for?!?!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I have a rule, no domestic items as presents... ever! It is a time to be indulgent, and to give a household item as a gift takes the fun out of the occasion imo.

My nanna is (was) the worst offender for gift giving. She gave my mother a round table cloth (we had a rectangular table) and it still had the op-shop 50c price tag on it. Classy!

The 'best' one I think I had was from my own dad though, on my 18th birthday I had a card in the mail (late) with a paperweight and a $2 scratchie card inside - AWESOME! :laugh:
  • Linkedkube
    Options
    I'm always making sexist jokes to my g/f, mostly because she's a Tomboy(its nothing I do regularly or that I'm proud of) and we have a fun relationship. I got a sandwich for Valentines day once. That was the end of my sexist jokes...
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've had my eye on a vacuum at Target for a while now, so I wouldn't mind that as a gift! haha. Or a new microwave, we need a new one! I would have never thought I'd get excited over appliances a few years ago, lol.

This made me giggle :) When my Fiance got a new job I was like DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN GET A TUMBLE DRYER!!! dancing around all excited and he just laughed at me, saying that before the baby it was only ever shoes I got that excited about! RUDE!

:)
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I think the lesson here is: if you have expectations about gifts, COMMUNICATE THEM. I'd much rather someone tell me what they want than have them complain on public forums because I failed to read their mind. :frown:
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The worst ever were some yard flowers he put in a tea pitcher with a Flicka DVD (was actually for my son). He is awful with gifts. He has now stepped up his game to grocery store bought flowers at the last minute that come in an actual vase and maybe a cheap strawberry covered in choc. which I don't eat. Oh men, are so clueless haha!

My gift for him this year - put all of his faves in a bag for him this year - 24 pack of cold beer, 3 cans of dip (nasty but his fave), 2 cans of peanuts, snickers, M&Ms and an xbox 360 racing game - Strange but he loves it all!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    So sorry you all got lousy gifts. Try this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/490326-didn-t-get-flowers-today