16 tubes of blood drawn.... and surprise, I'm not in a good

Options
12 hours of testing, poking, prodding, monitoring and gouging at the doctor's today. Spent the first 3 fasting. I am fine (doing a research study) but I just can't bring myself to get out there and do anything else tonight. I honestly need a nap! AND I am already at my calories for the day.. uugghhh.. suggestions?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Don't fret the calories today. Rest up, eat a good dinner and start again tomorrow!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Take it easy and get back at it again tomorrow.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    It actually takes calories to replenish your blood. Have a good meal.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You'll want to drink at least 4 pints of blood tonight to replenish the lost stuff. That equates to 1 or 2 dead hobos, depending on how big they are. Happy hunting!
  • therealjanelle
    Options
    You'll want to drink at least 4 pints of blood tonight to replenish the lost stuff. That equates to 1 or 2 dead hobos, depending on how big they are. Happy hunting!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options

thanks for the laugh!
    I actually broke out in hives later in the evening, so I had a big old fake omelette with turkey bacon.. and I don't feel too badly about that at all.. ;-)
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    A friend asked for a few more details...

So, the research study is for Lupus. I have a skin type of Lupus that is degenerative. I volunteered for the study so I can help find a med if my own disease gets more advanced or progresses. For now, i have a few skin patches that won't quite heal, but it is not a big deal... For the study, I get to test a drug in Phase 2 and help advance the study of my disease. If I do happen to get worse, then hopefully this new wonder drug will then be available to help me thru! Oh, and I get a bit of cash which helps pay for my gas to get to the doc and back. and maybe help me buy a new pair of running shoes!

The study is a test drug and involved... taking the drug, exams, EKGs, and skin biopsies (4) and 10 tubes of blood at 7am.. then one tube every hour or so for 8 hours. I didn't get home until 6:30pm.. They put a pic line in me so they didn't have to keep drawing.. and I couldn't eat until 11am.... and you know how much you want to eat when someone tells you that you cannot! lol.. I ended up blowing my calories out of the water yesterday but I honestly think I needed it.. When I got home, I was super pale and tired.

to top it off. I had 1/2 a fake egg omelet and then took my evening dose of the new drug and within 20 minutes, I had hives! Took some benedryl and knocked myself out. Not sure if hives were from eggs (had allergy as kid? still have some allergies now) but I don't react to a flu shot, so who knows???

Called the doc this morning and they were really worried.. so i dosed this morning and have had to call them every 30 minutes.. but no more hives... just a headache... and they want me to lay low for the rest of the day...

So, in short, I haven't run since last Thursday!! I need a fix bad, but I need a nap so much more...

My goal is to keep to my calories today and hope I feel good enough this evening to get in a long walk at the least.. and I am praying for no more hives... or else they will have to withdraw me from of the study!