Exercising with Back Problems

Options
I've always had back issues.. it is just usually not an issue, throw it out maybe once every two years. I was trying to do the couch to 5k program, maybe not the best idea. I'm a big girl and I think I should of strengthened my back some before I started. I went from a sedentary lifestyle (couch) right to trying to jog. My issue now is. My back is messed up, I'm walking hunched over and it hurts to walk. It has kept me down for the past week. I see a physical therapist Monday and hoping for some pointers.. but until then

Does anyone know what exercises are OK to do with a back problem? I have a bike and was thinking about trying that, but I'm a bit scared. Any tips are welcomed. Tx Coni

Replies

• brendabuckeye
    brendabuckeye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Please, oh please check with your doctor. My DH has back problems and has to be careful about lifting things. It all depends on where your problems are and you need wound medical advice from a reputable back doctor. Take care of yourself and don't give up!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have had a herniated/bulging disc in my lower back. I find my core is super weak. Walking was very difficult 50 pounds ago but I was able to use the elliptical, bike and Zumba is my favorite.