Help my scale broke and my new one is showing a different we

Options
My scale (which was about 30 years old ) broke this morning. So I went and bought a new digital one. Got home and weighed myself and it has me weighing more than the old one. I called my doctor and got my last weight from her and that was 217 on 1/4/12. My new scale shows me at 206.6. Here is my problem should I go change my weight on MFP to the 217 as a starting weight and go from them there or what. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Replies

• NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would change the weight to the last one you had taken at the doctor's office. Old scales are so inaccurate.
    Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would change the weight to the last one you had taken at the doctor's office. Old scales are so inaccurate.
    Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.

This sounds reasonable to me.

Alternatively, you know what your starting weight was on your old scale, and presumably you know what the last weight was for your last weigh in on your old scale, so that tells you the total number of pounds lost even if the actual weight isn't accurate. Use those pounds lost, add them to your current weight, and use that as your starting weight.

For example:

Starting weight on old scale (making up the numbers): 215
    Ending weight on the old scale: 200
    Total weight lost: 15

Current weight on new scale: 206
    Adjusted starting weight: 206 +15 = 221

The exact weight doesn't matter nearly as much as your progress. Congrats on your progress and good luck!