Greek Mini Pizzas

Options
lmalaschak
lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
So delish. The recipe calls for pitas which would be great too. HOWEVER we have been working on a package of low-carb tortillas which are only 60 calories apiece, so I used those and they turned out wonderfully for a lot fewer calories. The way I figured it we ended up at 240 calories per pizza and this makes 2.

2 low carb tortillas
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup chopped or torn fresh spinach leaves
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1/4 of a chicken breast, cooked and diced (optional; I probably used 1/4 cup on each tortilla)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (yum)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Turn on your broiler and put a rack 4 inches from the heat. Combine oil, vinegar, olives, garlic, oregano, basil, and pepper. Set aside. If you are using tortillas, you need to crisp them first by putting them into a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Cook for about a minute on each side until your tortilla is crispy. Remove from skillet onto a baking sheet. Distribute the olive mixture over both tortillas (you might have to spread the liquid around with a brush). Top with spinach, tomato, chicken, feta, and parmesan. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned if desired.

Next summer when my basil is growing I'm going to use fresh. You totally don't need the chicken unless you're needing protein. Adjust the proportions to what you like! Oh and grind extra pepper over the top. Mmmmm.