Help! Cannot break through week 6 day 1 on C25K!!

Options
Hey everyone!

I was hoping to get a little advice :) I have been working on the couch to 5k for a little over 6 weeks now and I have been doing great. I've been able to do all of the runs and I've even pushed past it. I ran a 15 minute run, a 16 minute run, 20 minutes and even 30 minutes! The last time I ran was Friday and I ran only what the program said. However, yesterday I tried running W6D1. I made it through the 6 minute run and then only made it through 6 minutes of the second run. My legs were hurting (shin splints - which haven't bothered me up until this point) and I was having a hard time breathing (again not something that has bothered me yet). I decided to stop the run and just keep walking. I tried again today and it was the same thing. Made it through the first run and then only 4 minutes of the second run.

I'm wondering if anybody has any tips for me. I'm having a hard time with this because I've run more so I'm not getting it! I typically run at night on the treadmill (for now). Should I try again tomorrow? Or should I take a few days off from running.

I'd appreciate any tips you can give!

Thanks!

- Becky

Replies

• ccbennett2000
    ccbennett2000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I started this program I did each session 5x before moving on regardless of what the program suggested. This way I was bored and ready to move on and push to the next session. Not sure if that helps or not but it got me to week 10 without shin splints or knee issues :)
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) Maybe I'll try week 5 day 3 again