how often do you guys eat sweets?

Options
i always set aside about 100 calories for something sweet every night. by sweets, i mean something unhealthy such as chocolate or cookies or such, not fruit or yogurt.

so how often do you guys splurge?

Replies

• shahrazad990
    Options
    i always set aside about 100 calories for something sweet every night. by sweets, i mean something unhealthy such as chocolate or cookies or such, not fruit or yogurt.

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i allow my self something every few night although i've been cutting back as i've been going along
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Ditto as yours, especially if there's something at work or at my parents. My dorm is void of that, though. It helps. :laugh:
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I try and save my sweets intake for the weekends. My boyfriend calls them my 'sinful things' but I allow myself a Starbucks drink on the weekend. I may have some small bits of chocolate during the week but I always look forward to my drink on the weekend.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    once or twice a day
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Um... I eat sweets during TOM (time of the month).. other than that, I'm good.
    Unless I'm at the movies (I have a 3 Musketeer mini)

:flowerforyou:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I eat sweets whenever I am in the mood for them.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

well I had to find out the hard way that my body isn't used to extra sugar such as cookies and chocolate/ junk food- It gives me massive headaches and/or upset stomach and leaves me feeling like crap/sluggish for 2 days after so no more of that stuff for me my body doesn't like it anymore since I didn't have it for 2 months so now I know the culprit of this past weeks sickness (my birthday) I will not have any considering I had 2 small tootsie rolls and got sick
  • brandnewsummerb
    Options
    Every day if I'm lucky :) I have a bigger sweet tooth than anyone I know
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I would eat them every day if I could put them into my calories without going over. However, one thing that I know about myself is that one is never enough. The sugar in sweets truly makes me crave more, and I can never stop at one, so I am doing my best not to have sweets and sugary treats around because I know that having one leads me personally to overindulge. I am trying to retrain my body to crave fruits when I want something sweet.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

No sweets at all for the last 90 days and no plans to eat sweets today. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    LOL... Every day? Almost, at least. I love chocolate and I usually have either a couple thin mints cookies or a truffle at the end of the day.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    not very often, if I am craving something, i have a 100 calorie pack of cookies, that seems to help..
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I usually save my sugar for my coffee. I may have a twix once a week sometimes more. As long as it fits into my cals I'll eat it.
  • sbennett23
    sbennett23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I met with a nutritionist who suggested having one night a week to have something sweet - what ever I want. She suggested I buy it at a store or bakery so I don't have the temptation at home. It's kinda like my reward for the week!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    With lunch every day I usually have 3 mini bars of laffy taffy. Its one of my big weaknesses. :smile:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'll do it if it fits in my calories. But I've noticed my cravings for them have been slowly going down. When I started with this couple months ago I would allow up to (& sometimes over a little) of my cal limit. I'm now having a little, maybe few times a week, but not hard to keep it at or under my cal limit.

I do try to do some substitution of better snacks, but Easter isn't helping either. :indifferent: I can work it off.
  • bevjack1
    bevjack1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did Nutrisystem for a month before coming here, and they give you dessert every night (lo cal) so I
    got "trained" on how to do dinner and dessert without going over my calories, and I still do that. I buy
    sugar free individually wrapped chocolates and eat one or two. Or One of anything that's low cal but
    satisfies that sweet tooth. I lost 10 lbs. on N.S. and I'm still losing here, going on my own, so I think
    it's a matter of really keeping your food in line with nutrition and your exercise, and then give yourself a treat. It's a LIFESTYLE change, not a diet, and deprivation never works for me.