Picky eater.

Hi everyone-

I was wondering if anybody had any food ideas for a "picky" eater. I'm not overly picky, but picky nonetheless. A lot of the foods that you find in "healthy" recipes make me wanna gag! So i find it hard to stick with eating healthy when there are only a limited number of foods that i will eat, then i get sick of eating the same thing all the time and BAM back to my old ways...and i really don't want that to happen this time! What are some of your guys' favorite healthy foods?

Thanks for your imput!

Replies

• Hi, I am also a picky eater/fussy eater. I don't eat salads, yogurts, fruit or any other healthy stuff. Like vegies (corn, peas, spuds, carrots and pumpkin only). Love my junk food. I don't get sick of eating the same thing all the time.

Just got a delivery of lite n easy (again!!!) :laugh: Going to have trouble in the late afternoons (like now - 5pm, I am hungry, but its too early for dinner). If I have dinner now, I will be hungry later. Not a good choice.

Cheers
  • Hello, I am also a very fussy eater, I am much better now than I was as previously I didn't eat any vegetables, chicken, pasta, rice, eggs or fish which I can manage to eat now, well limited on the veg but I'm getting there! There are still lost of things I don't like and always find diet recipes impossible to follow as I can guarantee that they'll include somethings I don't like.

I feel like a child as I can't eat soup, yogurts or drink fresh orange if any of these items have 'bits' (fruit, veg or anything) in them!

I've been using MFP for a few weeks and love the fact that 99% of the items I scan are in the system, therefore I can make up meals that I like.

I like eating chicken as there are so many meals you can make from chicken.

I think I'm doing ok based on my limited diet.

If you would like to add me as a friend please feel free to do so and good luck.

Sarah
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Hi everyone-

I was wondering if anybody had any food ideas for a "picky" eater. I'm not overly picky, but picky nonetheless. A lot of the foods that you find in "healthy" recipes make me wanna gag! So i find it hard to stick with eating healthy when there are only a limited number of foods that i will eat, then i get sick of eating the same thing all the time and BAM back to my old ways...and i really don't want that to happen this time! What are some of your guys' favorite healthy foods?

Thanks for your imput!

keep working at it...you will find a healthy balance...I "hide" foods from my daughter by using my bullet to puree veggies then mixing into sauces. She has no clue and love them. maybe you can try this?

Don't know if this will work with you, but either my daughter eats what is on the table (healthy and delish) or she doesn't eat. By bedtime she eats. Just sayin"