Any College Students Using MFP?

Options

Replies

• Ostinatoarts
    Options
    Graduate student here... currently taking credit overload, have two jobs, do volunteer work, and have a husband... I don't have a huge social life but I made a promise to eat right and work out while I'm here. Friends always welcome on this crazy journey :)

Oh my!! what type of volunteer work do you do! You can do it!!!

Thanks! I'm a master's candidate in Arts Management so I volunteer to do work at all sorts of arts-related functions. I've called for donations, I've bartended, I've helped with set up and tear down, I've proctored auditions, pretty much anywhere I'm needed! Oh, I forgot, I play horn in a local wind ensemble too, and I'm pumped that MFP has a calorie count for playing a wind instrument haha.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yep! I go back on the 27th of Feb.. eeek. Feel free to add me :)
  • HI!

looking for supportive friends, even if you are not in college!!!

But, would just like to share your experience with struggling with your weight while in college. Its hard juggling going to class, studying outside of class and work, all while trying to fit in a workout and keeping up with a healthy diet. I have looked to MFP because of its awesome iPhone app !

Friend me, share your weight loss journey with me!

college student and work full time too here feel free to add!
  • apple2107
    Options
    College junior here, who's half way on her journey already, but who doesn't want a few more buddies? Feel free to add me up so we can keep each other motivated ;)
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    +1.

Although I'm down under, and we call it uni... but who care about technicalities, really :tongue:
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :]
    College is so wonderful. Working out and getting good grades is hard, but my school actually offers work out classes for credit.
    I'm enrolled in Weightlifting and Fitness&Conditioning, one credit hour each.
    They're easy A's, and I have a guaranteed workout!

Feel free to add me for support!
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm a 4th year university student studying to be a teacher. I actually find it easier to manage my eating when I'm at school. This is mainly because I live at home and commute to my school so I have to plan and pack most of my meals. Plus, with my lack of money, I can't justify spending money on the overpriced food they sell there.
  • I'm an undergraduate senior, and I just signed up a week ago. So far so good!
  • sinness5
    Options
    I am new to MFP and I'm in my second degree, definitely looking for some people to share the struggle and support!
  • thelonelysquirrel
    Options
    I'm in Nursing school.

So ya...

I could use the support.

Check out my profile. If you like what you see, add me. ;)
  • AmandaEmily91
    Options
    :]
    College is so wonderful. Working out and getting good grades is hard, but my school actually offers work out classes for credit.
    I'm enrolled in Weightlifting and Fitness&Conditioning, one credit hour each.
    They're easy A's, and I have a guaranteed workout!

Feel free to add me for support!

I recently found out my university does the same thing too! I have had friends take kickboxing and yoga! So awesome! I am currently in a "Human Lifespan of Human Nutrition" very interesting!
  • AmandaEmily91
    Options
    In college here! Sophomore, though I should be graduating by now. Anyway, struggling to stay motivated and keep my diet clean. I need motivated friends!

dont worry im a second year sophomore, im here to support you !
  • AmandaEmily91
    Options
    I'm a 4th year university student studying to be a teacher. I actually find it easier to manage my eating when I'm at school. This is mainly because I live at home and commute to my school so I have to plan and pack most of my meals. Plus, with my lack of money, I can't justify spending money on the overpriced food they sell there.

Maybe u can share some meals you pack!
  • ajalcazar
    ajalcazar Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    College student here. Feel free to add me for motivation and support :)
  • Catherinekiss
    Catherinekiss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    HEY! college student here!
    It is difficult eating healthy (i am a stress eater) so i can feel you on this! add me if you like!
  • Icedancer94
    Options
    Yep, second year Sixth Form student here :-)
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Poor college student but still trying to eat healthily: present!

How accurate! Hahah :) I'm in! I need more MFP, I just started on here last week!
  • AmandaEmily91
    Options
    HEY! college student here!
    It is difficult eating healthy (i am a stress eater) so i can feel you on this! add me if you like!

me = worse stress eater!
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I feel ya-grad student, just moved 1300 miles from home in January so the social life doesn't really exist right now lol. I work out in my basement (yay for townhouses or I'd have some pretty pissed off neighbors lol)
  • college student in two universities (law school + three more long distance modules) + two jobs + stress eater = MON DIEU! that's why i am working on not only exercising and nourishing my body, but also my mind... to help myself not go berserk :-d :-)))