Exercising during TOM

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
First off due to PCOS I don't have TOM that much. Eight months between visits. I've probably had 12 periods in the last ten years so I don't know how to deal with the much.

Having said that I'm doing C25K and NROLFW right now and wonder idiot can do them while TOM js visiting

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Yea, it is cool. Just eat a bit more iron and drink plenty of water. If you feel O.K that is. I can't do much except a walk if I am in a lot of pain. But exercise helps. Just take it easy :)
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The worst part about TOM for me is always the hunger and just feeling tired. If you can get yourself motivated to work out, go for it.
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I find that during my TOM, exercise helps to relieve my cramps and actually lightens/shortens my TOM.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I work out during it - I also take Advil which helps & so does dark chocolate for my sweet cravings! I find I feel better if I work out! Feel good!!!
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I find that during my TOM, exercise helps to relieve my cramps and actually lightens/shortens my TOM.

^^ agree! if you can motivate yourself to get out there and push through the pain, you feel great after!
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
    Absolutely fine to do it - as a lot of people have said, it actually helps.

Just a small thing is that some people (myself included) are more inclined to pull/strain muscles during TOM so just ensure you warm up / cool down properly if this applies to you.