Any Other Ice Skaters?

Options
I took up ice skating a few weeks ago and I fell in love with it.

I definitely work up a sweat, regardless of the cold of the arena.

I'm just wondering, does anyone else ice skate?

Do you consider it exercise, or just a hobby?

Thanks! [:

Replies

• sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me!
    I loveeee ice skating. I only consider it exercise if I do it FOR exercise. I'll go to a rink with my boyfriend or my little sister for a little bit but I usually don't count that as exercise. If I spend a couple hours ice skating at a good pace around the majority of a lake and work up a pretty good sweat, then i'll count that.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have practice every Thursday. I spend two hours skating as fast as I can, and DEFINITELY work up a sweat. Worth counting?
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I went ice skating for the first time a few weeks ago. It was really fun. I felt the effects of it the next day. I think it counts as a workout. It is like dancing. It is fun so it feels like you shouldn't get credit for it.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! And yes it does burn the calories I looked it up , its on here I think in the exercise section.

NB. Exercise can be a hobby. It is a hobby! the one does not preclude the other!!!!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I skate 3 or 4 times a week.... most times with a stick in my hand.... and my head up :)
  • bullet1
    Options
    I'm usually playing hockey as I Ice skate, but yea, love it! And I know I'm probably working at a different level than just an open skate, but yes I definitely log playing hockey, and I would log skating as well. I know I log when I rollerblade with my dog, which is pretty similar as far as the movements and exercise go.