Advance food diary

Options
Probably a dumb question but....does anyone else use the food diary to plan their next days meals? Just curious. I find that it's easier to map out what I'm going to eat, and in what amounts the day before so I have a reasonably good idea of what I can and cannot have. I know advance meal planning is what it is, but I find the MFP food diary so much more helpful than any previous attempts at planning. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same.

Replies

• Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I haven't planned out a whole future day but if I'm going to a restaurant or something I'll put my meal in before I get there to promote self-discipline.

Hasn't failed me yet :)
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    When u see Ur friends completing their logs at 9am, they r usually planning ahead :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Probably a dumb question but....does anyone else use the food diary to plan their next days meals? Just curious. I find that it's easier to map out what I'm going to eat, and in what amounts the day before so I have a reasonably good idea of what I can and cannot have. I know advance meal planning is what it is, but I find the MFP food diary so much more helpful than any previous attempts at planning. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same.

<
    raises hand and shakes arm vigorously!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I preplan nearly every day. Great way to do it!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options

<
    raises hand and shakes arm vigorously!!
    Same here. I dont pre plan everyday. But yeah you right, its pretty useful.
  • silverphonasa
    Options
    That's exactly what I do!!! I find if I plan my meals for the next day, it'll keep me from eating something I shouldn't!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I do it for the whole week every sunday xD so I make sure food I have does not go bad and if I make protein bars I eat them all and dont go to waste
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people plan meals ahead, but if I were to do that and my plans got changed, I'm not 100% certain I would make changes. For me to be able to plan ahead like that there would have to be another page for it and I would have to confirm entries for it to count for the day.

For me, that kind of planning ahead isn't a good idea. But I sometimes will check my meal right before I make it and adjust it if necessary.
  • mikaela_b
    Options
    I do it too. Usually not a day or two in advance, but certainly in the morning of any given day you can find me planning out the rest of what I expect to eat that day in order to make sure it all fits within the master plan. Usually when planning I'll try to leave myself a couple of hundred calories to allow for a certain amount of spontaneity as well - after all, I want this to be a longterm lifestyle change and I figure that's going to help me learn to succeed.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I'm always planning ahead. Sometimes up to a week out
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I always plan what I am going to eat the day before. I also add in my exercise based on the number from my HRM from the week before, then I go in and change it if the HRM shows a different number that day,
  • wcsangel
    Options
    I'm not organised enough to do it on a weekly basis, but I do spend a couple of minutes each morning filling in what I know (or am pretty sure) I'm going to eat through the day.