I turned what could've been a hard weekend into a success!

Options
jarelary4
jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
I just had to share, I have always had NO willpower when it comes to weight loss. Any family gathering always includes tons of food I LOVE and I always pig out. This weekend I had a B-day party for my niece, they had buffalo wings(OMG!!!), but I kept myself in check, I ate only 5 and quit, I also had only a tiny slice of cake and found it was just the right size! (guess I really don't need a piece the size of my plate to enjoy it). Then today my parents had the traditional get together BBQ, so I brought my own lite turkey dog, and lite bun and made a couple "diet" dishes to take. I was really good, I resisted the urge to devour everything in site and I even found I could have a fun time without hanging out at the buffet table. I even played badminton and burned some cals. Sooo, big achievement for me, I stayed wihin my calories for the weekend and it feels GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• jarelary4
    Options
    I just had to share, I have always had NO willpower when it comes to weight loss. Any family gathering always includes tons of food I LOVE and I always pig out. This weekend I had a B-day party for my niece, they had buffalo wings(OMG!!!), but I kept myself in check, I ate only 5 and quit, I also had only a tiny slice of cake and found it was just the right size! (guess I really don't need a piece the size of my plate to enjoy it). Then today my parents had the traditional get together BBQ, so I brought my own lite turkey dog, and lite bun and made a couple "diet" dishes to take. I was really good, I resisted the urge to devour everything in site and I even found I could have a fun time without hanging out at the buffet table. I even played badminton and burned some cals. Sooo, big achievement for me, I stayed wihin my calories for the weekend and it feels GREAT!!!!!!!!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB !! Pat yourself on the back for me!! thats a big accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself.KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!:flowerforyou:
  • jarelary4
    Options
    THANKS!!!, it's difficult but it feels so good to see the weight and inches come off.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    Good work! I love the fact that you took your own food along with you.:happy:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    THANKS!!!, it's difficult but it feels so good to see the weight and inches come off.

The more you do it though the less difficult it will be. Keep at it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It is an accumulation of these moments that gets us to a healthier thought process.

:flowerforyou:
  • jarelary4
    Options
    I took my own food so I wouldn't have any excuses that there was nothing there I couldn't eat. Everybody loved my "diet" food too!
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I feel the same way right now. I was so scared last night that especially with Easter I would totally go crazy today, but I was able to keep myself in check and stayed with it for the whole day. And with chocolate eggs galore, birthday cake, and of course amazing dinner rolls it was hard but i did it and i'm glad u had a successful weekend :)
  • jarelary4
    Options
    Great job! It's so stressful thinking about these kinds of hurdles, but you made it through and doesn't it feel great to know you can do it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    good for you and some good tactics for these food fests we all go to

great attitude too,,,,

have fun
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is just awesome, keep up the great work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!