i am hungry :-(

2»

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    A little statement to read over and help those late cravings:

"45 to 60 minutes before bed eat 1-1.5 cups cottage cheese (2% fat or less) or casein protein powder to fight late night hunger cravings and give your body some slow digesting casein protein to breakdown and use during the night; it's void of sugar, low carb (lactose) and high protein, plus it's got calcium which can help you sleep. No, it won't get stored as fat!"

I stick with Optimum Nutrition Casein. I use it when I stay up later than normal and have late night cravings.

You joking right?

If one is over their caloric maintenance it will be stored as fat. Anyway, regarding hunger. When dropping weight, hunger comes down to two things.

1. Low calories
    2. Multiple meals

It's absurd to suggest 6 meals out of 1200 calories, but many on this site do so. No wonder they are hungry all the time. Another option is to condense meal intake down to 2 or 3. So now you would have 600, 400 calorie meals. That allows the eater to have more filling meals.

Just my 2 cents.

**cough, cough "bullsh!t"

I feel fuller on 6 meals than 3///just sayin. I've lost 184 lbs doing this, so I "tink" it works
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    A little statement to read over and help those late cravings:

"45 to 60 minutes before bed eat 1-1.5 cups cottage cheese (2% fat or less) or casein protein powder to fight late night hunger cravings and give your body some slow digesting casein protein to breakdown and use during the night; it's void of sugar, low carb (lactose) and high protein, plus it's got calcium which can help you sleep. No, it won't get stored as fat!"

I stick with Optimum Nutrition Casein. I use it when I stay up later than normal and have late night cravings.

You joking right?

If one is over their caloric maintenance it will be stored as fat. Anyway, regarding hunger. When dropping weight, hunger comes down to two things.

1. Low calories
    2. Multiple meals

It's absurd to suggest 6 meals out of 1200 calories, but many on this site do so. No wonder they are hungry all the time. Another option is to condense meal intake down to 2 or 3. So now you would have 600, 400 calorie meals. That allows the eater to have more filling meals.

Just my 2 cents.

**cough, cough "bullsh!t"

I feel fuller on 6 meals than 3///just sayin. I've lost 184 lbs doing this, so I "tink" it works

Sure you do. Since you called me out. I will back it up with facts.

2. Myth: Eat smaller meals more often for hunger control.

Truth

Given the importance of finding the most favorable meal pattern for hunger and appetite control, there's a surprising scarcity of studies on the topic. The most widely cited study is one where obese males were fed 33% of their daily calorie requirement ("pre-load") in either one single meal or five meals before being allowed to eat ad libitum five hours later (meaning as much as they desired).

A: One single meal was consumed. 5 hours later they were free to eat as much as they desired, "buffet"-style.

B: Same setup as above. However, the single meal was now split into five smaller meals, which were consumed every hour leading up to the ad libitum meal.

The results showed that subjects undergoing "A" ate 27% more calories when given the ad libitum meal. The same setup was used by the same researchers on lean males and showed similar results. However, upon closer scrutiny it's clear how little real world application those results have. The macrocomposition of the pre-load was 70% carbs, 15% fat and 15% protein; given as pasta, ice cream and orange juice. The situation created was highly artificial and abnormal. Who sits around nibbling on pasta and ice cream, sipping orange juice, every hour leading up to a regular meal?

The latest research, performed under conditions that more closely resemble a real-world scenario, shows the opposite result. In this study, three high-protein meals lead to greater fullness and appetite control when compared to six high-protein meals. You can read my summary of the study here: Three Meals Superior for Appetite Control.

There's no doubt that meal frequency is highly individual. However, absolute statements claiming smaller meals are superior for hunger and appetite control are untrue and are based on studies using methods that greatly differed from real-world meal patterns. Current research with a normal meal pattern and protein intakes that are closer to what can be seen in a typical non-retarded diet, suggests superior appetite control when eating fewer and larger meals.

Origin

This myth might have originated from the limited data from studies on meal frequencies and appetite control. It's also likely that it's another case of mistaking correlation for causation from studies and meal frequencies and higher body weights; if people who eat more often weigh less, then it must mean they can control their hunger better, etc.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

And you were saying?

I lost over 100lbs, so what is your point?
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    I backup our friend here.
    Apetite and weight lose are not directly related.
    Weigh lose : caloric deficit
    Apetite : hormonal and psychological perimeter.

How did I removed the feeling of being hunger the whole day AND avoided binges cuz of that ?
    Stopped to eat 6 tiny meals, that were giving me the feeling to be fed as a chihuahua.
    Increased my intakes
    My plates are not looking like bird ones
    No Need to binge
    Caloric deficit in the end (binges avoided)
    Fat burn
    ---> Sorted.
  • I backup our friend here.
    Apetite and weight lose are not directly related.
    Weigh lose : caloric deficit
    Apetite : hormonal and psychological perimeter.

How did I removed the feeling of being hunger the whole day AND avoided binges cuz of that ?
    Stopped to eat 6 tiny meals, that were giving me the feeling to be fed as a chihuahua.
    Increased my intakes
    My plates are not looking like bird ones
    No Need to binge
    Caloric deficit in the end (binges avoided)
    Fat burn
    ---> Sorted.

Ya I found it easier to eat 3 meals and have one small snack at night .... 6 small meals a day and I felt constantly hungry and I seemed to be getting the same results with both soooo in reality for my body I need to kill myself at the gym more ....