P90X

Options
Is anyone else doing p90x? If so what are you entertaing the workouts as? I started a few weeks ago and have had success but I'm not sure how to enter it daily for my cardio.

Replies

• dday930
    Options
    I searched the net, and found that the average person is claiming a 725+ calorie/session with P90X, so I created my own exercise of cardio and adjust as I see fit. Hard to track it here, but I think if you really bust your b@lls in a P90X, you're burning some serious calories, and I think 700/hr is a good realistic number! Good luck with it, I just started (day 2 last night), and I like it. Can't lift my arms today, but that's a good thing :)
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    I put it in as 60 min of calisthenics, vigorous effort.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the nutrition guide with P90x says average 600 cals a workout
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would invest in a HRM so you can accurately track what your burn is. Good luck with p90x. I did it a couple of years ago and getting ready to start back up.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a HRM try entering the strength training workouts as "circuit training", and the Plyometrics as "aerobics, high impact"
  • lisa2265
    Options
    i was looking for the same thing. I started p90x last week. i read some posts about it being 625 and hour but i wasn't sure.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options

I use my HRM and the highest burn I've had was 396 with Plyo. The rest are between 180 and 260. So, don't take the guide as gospel.
  • Bloomsday
    Bloomsday Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I use my HRM and the highest burn I've had was 396 with Plyo. The rest are between 180 and 260. So, don't take the guide as gospel.

Me too. For most workouts, I burn about 300 calories. You need a HRM to really know.
  • AntonCast
    AntonCast Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    http://p90xcalories.com/

Someone shared this website in another post that might help. It helps with estimating if you don't have a HRM.