P90X 30-day results (my 1st progress pics)

Options

Replies

• ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success.
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Lookin good dude, did you notice your stomach got a lot tighter through the exercise?

Haven't actually taken off many inches (c. 1-2) but it feels like I have. Much tighter, much less to grab.
    Think I had alot of muscle there it's just getting back into use and getting harder.

Need to burn this last flab!

Thanks all!
  • ShellBelle6
    ShellBelle6 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for sticking with it! Great results! You should be very proud!!!

P90X is awesome. I am a huge fan of it and have done 7 rounds! I'm doing P90X2 now and falling in love all over again!!!

LOVE THE X

BRING IT!!!!!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I more meant the skin but as you said, less to grab so that answers the question. Really well done dude, keep it up just shows what hard work does for you (I'm in the same boat but I've got skin that needs tightening to get the proper "look"
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    wow 18lbs in the first phase. That is over 4lbs/week, you may want to bump your calories up as you should not be losing more than 2lbs/week. As the program goes on you will need the extra fuel, I would suggest you eat back the cals you burn if you are following MFP's guideline, otherwise follow the MFP guide and I beleive based on your size you should be at the 2400 calories/day.

How much have you been eating?
  • MrgnD3
    MrgnD3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just ordered P90X. Should receive it within the next week. I'm looking forward to starting the workout. Would love to add you as a friend and we can help each other along. So if interested, feel free to add me!
  • awellswis
    awellswis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two day4 and I can already see results. I just don't think that I can keep up with it. I'll keep trying but it is pretty hard,

Your results are awesome!!!!
  • btdublin
    Options
    Congratulations for sticking with it! Great results! You should be very proud!!!

P90X is awesome. I am a huge fan of it and have done 7 rounds! I'm doing P90X2 now and falling in love all over again!!!

LOVE THE X

BRING IT!!!!!

7 rounds and you have a pic with Tony. You are a legend!
  • btdublin
    Options
    wow 18lbs in the first phase. That is over 4lbs/week, you may want to bump your calories up as you should not be losing more than 2lbs/week. As the program goes on you will need the extra fuel, I would suggest you eat back the cals you burn if you are following MFP's guideline, otherwise follow the MFP guide and I beleive based on your size you should be at the 2400 calories/day.

Eric - it's more like 15lbs lost since Jan 1st. 2.5lbs per week. I was eating only about 1200 cals per day but when I started P90X i upped to 1500 and eating most of my exercise cals back (and I am accurate with my exercise cals - MFP way overestimates).

Yes too low but I am tending against the "starvation mode" school of thought. It has been working for me and I have not felt hungry. I will keep going with it until I plateau and then I might mix it up plus add some increased weight training, maybe a spike day or something.

(I actually gained 2kg this morning! First time I have really noticed the effect of water weight. Did an epic 1,000 cal workout last night so I believe its water retention in my repairing muscles. Feels like I am peeing it all out today! Hopefully this is no plateau just yet!)
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Always envious of people who do this! I have looked but no where near being able to achieve it at the mo!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well according to the timestamp on my end, you posted it at 4:38 in the morning. lol :) I know time zones vary!

BUT, now that I have seen your results, they are amazing! You are going to look hot for your wedding day. :) Congrats with the dedication to P90X!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Eric - it's more like 15lbs lost since Jan 1st. 2.5lbs per week. I was eating only about 1200 cals per day but when I started P90X i upped to 1500 and eating most of my exercise cals back (and I am accurate with my exercise cals - MFP way overestimates).

Yes too low but I am tending against the "starvation mode" school of thought. It has been working for me and I have not felt hungry. I will keep going with it until I plateau and then I might mix it up plus add some increased weight training, maybe a spike day or something.

(I actually gained 2kg this morning! First time I have really noticed the effect of water weight. Did an epic 1,000 cal workout last night so I believe its water retention in my repairing muscles. Feels like I am peeing it all out today! Hopefully this is no plateau just yet!)

That sounds better/safer, if you are netting 1500 you should be okay, but if you feel sluggish or have trouble finishing your workouts I would add more cals then (hunger itself is not the best indication of nutritional requirements).

I have completed 1 full round of P90X and am on my 7th or 8th round of a hybrid of my own cardio days mixed with P90X strength training days. I am doing this round with a 20lb weighted vest for all push and pull ups.

Keep pushing play
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love P90X!
  • btdublin
    Options

I have completed 1 full round of P90X and am on my 7th or 8th round of a hybrid of my own cardio days mixed with P90X strength training days. I am doing this round with a 20lb weighted vest for all push and pull ups.

Good idea on the vest. Would be handy for Pylo too!
    I am still interspersing my P90X routines with running. Actually have been running 5ks instead of Yoga and Rest days. Yesterday was the first time I managed a 5k and a P90X workout back-to-back. Felt awesome!
  • RussG_TBB
    RussG_TBB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great good I'm a P90X Grad myself, once you complete the 90 days you will never be the same its addictive in a good way.

Keep pushing play
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome for 30 days! Keep it up!
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome results for the first 30 days!!!

I'm almost done with my 3rd week of Phase 2!!! It's tough! "I hate it... but I LOVE it!"
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow, those are fantastic results. Great job!!!
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    this is great! i'm starting my second week today and i SWEAR i already feel stronger and my skin is tighter. can't imagine what it will be like at 30 days!!!! congratulations and thanks for posting! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!