Recent NSV

Options
So, this NSV happened a couple weeks ago.....I just never posted about it because I wanted to make sure it was not "too good to be true"............

So, we all know that losing weight is a wonderful thing, we are constantly buying new clothing, RIGHT? Well I put it off for a few months at a size 12(back in Sept) because honestly, I just can't afford it. I told my family that I didn't want anything for Christmas in 2011, except gift cards/money for clothes! They listened and I received. So..........I went shopping sometime in early January and bought a few shirts (size Medium) and 1 pair of jeans ( I was able to get into a 10). I figured that would hold me over for the ONE day a week I get to wear Jeans to work! I participated in a 30 Day Shred Challenge, but hurt my knees and had to give it up, but even after two weeks I had lost 6 inches across my body......noticing my new clothes, were now getting baggy!!

I also have very little work outfits, because the pants I like are too darn big and I again just didn't want to spend the money. I've looked through thrift stores and it got frustrating because I couldn't find anything that fit right or that I liked there ( I have had good luck in the past). So I sucked it up and went to Old Navy/JCPenney (two of my favorite stores)....AND....to my suprise I was trying on *drum roll please* SIZE SMALL shirts and SIZE 8 Jeans/Pants!!! YES!!!!

With that said.......I started this journey at 255 pounds, wearing size 1x-2x shirts and 18/20 jeans/pants. I have NEVER wore a pair of clothing in the single digits and have NEVER been able to wear a SMALL shirt in my life............prior to this journey I fluctuated between 16-20(sizes) since the early part of Middle School, I was already wearing plus size clothing in most stores, or at least womens sizes. Now it is quite opposite... sometimes I can shop in the Juniors dept!

So for those of you out there that have a lot of weight to lose and think you can't........ THINK AGAIN, you CAN. You are beautiful inside and out!! Everything you feel like giving up, look back at the reason you started in the first place. I've seen a lot of people complain about how long it takes to lose so much weight, my belief is "Slow and steady wins the race" It isn't healthy for your body to drop 5-10 pounds ever single week, it has taken me over 2 years to get here (including WW's and lots of losses/gains),because it's not easy!! The most important thing to remember is this has to be a LIFESTYLE change, not just the SCALE moving............

I will never lie to someone and say this journey has been easy, because it hasn't. I have struggled, but I have NEVER given up on ME. Love yourself!! I am currently 8.8 pounds away from my goal weight of 140. It's taking forever to get there......but I KNOW I WILL!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to!! I am always up for meeting new people, no matter what your goals are!! :-)

Replies

• Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just amazing!!!!! You must have been freaking out in the dressing room!!!! LOL So happy for you and you gave some wonderful advice - thanks for sharing!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OMG... congrats! Don't ya just love those NSV's along the way?? I can so relate as it's happened to me and I love it!! It really shows you that hard work certainly pays off, right... Fantastic job and sooo close to your goal - yay for you :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!