I'm regretting everything I at on EASTER!

Options
I'm new to the site. I joined last week and have been doing great, except, like always, there's a holiday or a birthday or some kind of function that throws me off track. I just sat down to diary my food for the day and have eaten double my calories allowed!! :sad: I know that I need to just start fresh tomorrow, but can't help beating myself up about it!

Replies

• rndalsn
    rndalsn Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm new to the site. I joined last week and have been doing great, except, like always, there's a holiday or a birthday or some kind of function that throws me off track. I just sat down to diary my food for the day and have eaten double my calories allowed!! :sad: I know that I need to just start fresh tomorrow, but can't help beating myself up about it!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Get up and move you can knock some of those calories down!!!:drinker:
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome!!!! :smile:

I think many of us went over on cals today. I know I did! There will be days like this though, but it's okay. It's the hardest thing to do, but you have to just take it as it is and start fresh tomorrow. You can do this hun!:flowerforyou:
  • ekgstr
    ekgstr Posts: 21
    Options
    exercise always makes me feel better if i go over
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I went over today too! No big deal...I'll just make sure to stay on track the rest of the week and maybe do some extra cardio this week! It happens to alllll of us so don't feel too bad!:happy: :happy:

And Welcome! The people here really help you stay on track and they offer some great advice!180909.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. I just logged everything in and am at 2400 calories, give or take. I'll just forget about today I guess and carry on. Hopefully it won't do too much damage.
  • chunkyb
    chunkyb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think everyone went over today. I would be surprised if anyone didn't. It tough with holidays that revolve around food.

I am impressed that I was able to stay away from all the Easter candy - the Reese's peanut butter eggs are my absolute favorite.

Don't beat yourself up about it, call it a "cheat day" and kick butt the rest of the week...
  • leeanne1317
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, as it's been said, many people went over today or at least a few .. oddly enough for me it wasn't chocolate but muffins :huh: . Tomorrow just get back on track, maybe 5 or 10 minutes more of exercise and perhaps cut a little something out of your daily food count, maybe 50 calories cause every bit helps and it's not a whole lot, I've done this many times.

What is really importent is that you have a good time, you can't always be "good" because your right, birthdays, holidays .. they all get us but look at it this way, it's one day, it's not like you did this for 6 days and was on track for one (been there done that as well LOL).

Lifestyle change is a trial and error and you're always learning :flowerforyou:
  • rndalsn
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your encouraging words! I got on the scale and was up two pounds, but I can do this! It's only two pounds! I will just work out more this week!!! Thank you so much for your support, and btw, you guys are doing awesome!!:happy:
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey, I felt the same way. When I got finished logging what I ate I had 21 calories left. It doesn't always work that way though, one day I was over 651 calories!! That blew me away. The next day I got back on track and made sure that I had some calories left over at the end of the day. Exercising helped also. This site helps me take my weight loss a day at a time. If I mess up one day, tomorrow is a new day with new graces and strength. You can do it!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    That 2 pounds is mostly water - you're just overhydrated and "logue-y" after an overeat day.

Remember, 3500 calories is a pound, so two pounds is 7,000 calories. Let's say that again SEVEN THOUSAND CALORIES!!!

Is it even remotely possible that you really ate 7000 calories too much? You'd have to eat the whole turkey and the whole pie etc. etc. etc. to eat 7000 calories too much.

So, much like that easy first 10 pounds we all lose when we start - that 2 pounds that you're up isn't real. It's fluid,,, just your body's reaction to a heavy chow day.

Nothing is ever as bad as we think it is... You'll pick it up again tomorrow.

(((BTW - I did it too. I made chocolate dipped figs and ate too many,,, :blushing: )))
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck! Holidays were made for indulging. It's the majority of the time that counts. If you eat well and exercise all year and indulge only on holidays, you're golden :flowerforyou:
  • rndalsn
    Options
    Thanks for putting things into perspective!! I appreciate it!:smile:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This seems to happen to us almost every weekend, and this weekend especially since today is our son's 1st B-day and we had his party on Friday with lots of food cake and booze!! And then yesterday with the chocolate!! And then tonight we are going for dinner for his B-day, just going to make sure i watch what i eat all day and save most of my calories for tonight and will look up their menu on-line and know what we are ordering before we go, so we can stay within our calories and just workout extra hard!!

Like someone else said it was only one day and not 6,