BodyRock.tv workouts

Options
13»

Replies

• Melissa_2305
    Melissa_2305 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think it can really work. I'm not using bodyrock.tv, but liveexercise.com. I bought the bands and just started working out with them. It's like having a work out partner without having one. Well I guess everyone's different, but I think any videos will help you exercise will help you lose weight! Good luck everyone
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I read through this. I was going to order an interval timer and never thought, "There's an app for that" Going to check itunes now for the app. And that you so much for the list of videos w/o equipment even though Lisa goes through modifications at the end on how to do them w/o equipment she goes through it so quickly it's a little confusing. I LOVE Zuzana. You can find her on Facebook and get updates when new workouts are up. I can't wait to start.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Heres a list of ones you can search on the website that require NO equipment :)
    but i really like the idea mentioned above of a duffle filled with phone books, so ingenious :)

15 Minutes of Pure Torture
    18 Minute S&M
    550 Rep
    600 Rep Sexier Body
    Abs Assassin
    Best Ripped Abs
    Bikini Body
    Body Burn
    Body Lift
    Body on Fire (personal fav.)
    Bodyweight Interval Training
    Booty Firm Up
    Booty Moving
    Fat *kitten* Burn Off
    Hot To Trot (shoulder/ab burn!)
    Hottie Body
    Kiss My Tight *kitten*
    Love Muscles (aka: Rock It) (personal fav.)
    OMG Sexy Body
    Power Girl (or Boy) (personal fav.)
    Rock 'n No Rolls
    Round Booty (aka: Rock Your Body Flow)
    Sexy Pain Train
    Stereo Love
    Suicidal Sweat (personal fav. - beat Zuzana well, :)
    Sweet Punishment
    Triple X
    Turbo Fat *kitten* Blaster

Bumping to check out later, thanks
    Bumping for later!
  • laurenlind
    Options
    I still do not really understand- they only show a short amount of time on the video- are you supposed to pause it and restart? Or just remember what the moves are and do them all yourself? I am sorry if this question was already answered and I missed it.... the bodyrock website was a little confusing to me. Thanks!
  • aw62101
    aw62101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I still do not really understand- they only show a short amount of time on the video- are you supposed to pause it and restart? Or just remember what the moves are and do them all yourself? I am sorry if this question was already answered and I missed it.... the bodyrock website was a little confusing to me. Thanks!

I've had to pause on a few workouts just to catch my breath or calm my crying 5 month old but the goal is to do it without stopping. You set your interval timer for 50/10. 50 seconds of workout, 10 seconds rest for 12 rounds.

I always watch the video through to get an idea of the workout, then I write down all of the exercises for the day in my journal. They say to keep track of your reps as you workout but I've only done that for the fit test. During the workout I need that 10 seconds to have a quick breather and usually grab a swig of water instead of writing down how many I was able to do.

For an example, day 2 was really confusing to read for me and at first I felt "Dear god, she wants me to do what?!" but it was completely doable. If there's any exercise that I know I'm going to get stuck on I keep it paused so I can view it quickly during the 10 second break. Hope that helps! :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Yes, you watch the video to learn the moves, and then do them on your own. It's hard in the beginning, but you will know what the moves are by the names after a little while.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I cut and paste the exercise list on the website into a word doc. Then print that out. That way I have a reference notebook and if I ever miss a workout or don't have time to watch a new one for the instructions, I'll just go back and re-do a workout I've already done. I can also see my improvements in reps or time this way.
  • JenRedesigned
    JenRedesigned Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lobsteriffic
    Options
    bump
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bumping for reading tonight
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Bump
  • kellog24
    kellog24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love reading all this info! I've been wanting to try out Bodyrock, but talked myself out of it since I don't have any of the equipment. I may try out the list of no equipment workouts. One questions...do most of you just do one of these workouts a day? Or do you add one of these workouts in with some other type of exercise?
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I only do the bodyrock workouts usually. Some days, I add in stationary bike for more calories to eat.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Love reading all this info! I've been wanting to try out Bodyrock, but talked myself out of it since I don't have any of the equipment. I may try out the list of no equipment workouts. One questions...do most of you just do one of these workouts a day? Or do you add one of these workouts in with some other type of exercise?

Try Zuzana's (former bodyrock host) new workouts (ZWOWs) -- http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight?feature=watch. They are mostly bodyweight (although she throws in a kettlebell here and there) but much easier if you don't have a dip station, interval timer, ugi ball, etc.

I have been doing bodyrock for a couple of years but also do heavy strength training and running (I use BR just for HIIT). Lisa Marie (new bodyrock host) has said that she does running in addition to the routines. In the comments sections on the BR website, I notice that many folks do running, yoga, spinning, etc. in addition. I think it's whatever works for you.
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump