Wii users

Options
2»

Replies

• witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the Golds Gym Dance workout and it's pretty good. I also have the Biggest Loser for the Wii. If you just want it for the workouts its good but putting my calories and crap for the day in it was just too daunting and I do it on here anyways so I don't use it to the full extent. I love love love the Just Dance games though. And those are a great workout.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Just Dance for sure! I have had #2 for a while and love it, just recently bought #1 and #3 but haven't had a chance to use them. I also have Michael Jackson The Experience and enjoy it too, although Just Dance is better IMO. I have also heard great things about ExcerBeat and purchased it too, but haven't used it either. I just got those 3 in the mail and I'm on Wii game overload!
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have Country Dance and Zumba(I'd like to get the 2nd of each) and the Wii fit plus with the board( I only use it now for the scale) now. I Dance and use my own work out equipment.
  • byrnette
    byrnette Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love just dance 3. Zumba is fun but I can see where it might be lacking in overall user experience...I did buy Zumba 2 but it is still in the box...it will be my prize for getting through all the Zumba 1 levels.
  • shelby623
    shelby623 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba 2 for Wii, but haven't tried it out yet. I did try EA Active 1, and I hated it. I would get all into the workout, then it would stop sensing my movements and I would get so frustrated. For instance, half way through a set of bicep curls, it would tell me that I wasn't curling anymore even though I was and I would have to stop the game and wait for it to pick up on my movements...what a headache!

I have 30 day shred on DVD, sometimes its also in the ONDemand menu for FIOS and Comcast, and I feel that it is a great at home 20 minute workout.
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Your Shape, it comes with a USB camera so you can't 'cheat' with your exercises ;) I ordered 30DS from Amazon for £5, it is due to be delivered tomorrow!
  • Drogers22
    Options
    I use and LOVE EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii. I do the workout and follow it by 30 minutes of cardio all on the same program! It comes with a heart rate monitor and a motion monitor and a work out tension band so its very comprehensive! There are achievements and you can work out with others in the community. I've been using it for almost a year now and it HAS changed my life. Also, its inexpensive and I purchased an additional set of tension bands that provided a bit more of a challenge. It also has a tracking system but I use My Fitness Pal because I love it.

Keep up the hard work!!
  • amosturtle
    amosturtle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance for the Wii! It is fun and a workout for sure! I would not recommend Zumba, my sister bought it and we tried it out once and didn't like it. Wii Fit with the board is good too. You can do Yoga, strength training, and the games are fun too.
  • jessica1464
    Options
    I use Zumba 2 and I love it. They say its not such a good game for the Wii because you can move your arm and it will say you are doing a good job. Its really on how accurate you are to yourself and if you are doing it correctly then you are really burning calories. I think it is a fun workout and you really do work up a sweat and burn some calories. Its hard for the corrdination part the first day but after you do it a couple times you get the hang of it.
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba 2 for the wii. This is a fantastic workout and so much fun. I am not very coordinated but I found that after a couple of times you get the hang of it.

My friend bought Zumba for the Wii and said its horrible so I returned mine. Another girl on MFP said it's horrible as well and Best Buy even confirmed that it's not a good game for the Wii.

The Dance Videos are great for the Wii and my co workers (2 of them) love their Wii Fit with the board.

Zumba Wii......I LOVE IT! I guess it's true what they say..."Two each it's own".
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 3, Zumba for the Wii, Wii Sports---boxing is a great cario workout. That's all I've used and I love them all.
  • joymarino
    joymarino Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Just Dance series. We got #3, but I actually prefer the songs on #2. I haven't really tried any others, like Zumba or wii Fit... we rent through GAMEFLY and compile a list of those we want to keep... but since I have to take turns with games for the kids and games I want to try, it can take awhile until I get around to Zumba. LOL

How do you all figure out calories for wii "games" here on MFP? Is there one exercise in the database that is comparable?

~Joy~
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit Plus (especially like to do the Free Step while I watch TV), EA Active 2 (some issues with it not always recognizing though but it's a kick a** workout) and Gold's Gym Cardio Workout which is a great way to work out aggression!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I love Gold's Gym Dance Workout for the Wii! It is amazing and it'll also tell you how many calories you burned, and show you what type of food you just burned :) It's absolutely great!

This one is a lot of fun! I also have Just Dance (the first one), Dance Dance Revolution (even has a workout mode!), and the Wii Fit. All have been really worth it. I love the boxing on the Fit, it's so cute, and it's kinda fun!
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like to use the Wii Fit plus to jog in circles around my apartment (thankfully I am on the bottom floor). Other then that I am obsessed with Gold's Gym Cardio.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like to use the Wii Fit plus to jog in circles around my apartment (thankfully I am on the bottom floor). Other then that I am obsessed with Gold's Gym Cardio.

My daughter and I do the same thing with wii fit - jog in circles around the house that is.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba, and when i use it, I love it! I am the least corrdinated person i know... (I run into walls and doors on a regular basis) and i can do the Zumba for Wii.

Also, some of the "generic" sports games for Wii are fun and get you moving more than you think!

But i am going to have to check out some of the others people have listed on here! Thanks guys!
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 and 3 is what I use and I love them...

^^ ditto here! Absolutely love it!

I have been doing the Dance Mash up on JD3 :smile:

Tracy