I did something really odd.

Options

Replies

• keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    GREAT idea!! So glad you found a way to refresh your motivation! Keep up the great work!
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    Fantastic! Love it, might even give it a go myself :)
  • Eliza117
    Options
    This is brilliant! Great way to motivate!
  • Llilia17
    Llilia17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What a great experiment. I don't think it's odd at all but brilliant. This is a great way to keep things in perspective. Thanks for posting.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    elliptiKILL
    ^^
    I LOVE this!!

To be honest, I have been struggling with having the will power to eat right the past few days but after seeing how that 35 lbs felt it has given me a little jump start in my motivation. I'm excited to see how much better I feel after the next 25 lbs is gone.

Try this the next time you feel like you aren't getting anywhere, you'll be amazed.

I'm having the same trouble!
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    That is really a cool idea! Thank you for sharing and what a motivator!:flowerforyou:
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    great!!! well done

i did this at the begining of the month my son is about 15lbs and ive lost 15lbs so strapped him into the carrier and we walked to and fro school well i was glad to take him off once i got home its an amazing feeling that you have lost that amount!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This is a great post!

I lost 65 pounds following the Weight Watchers plan back before points and when you had to prepare your own meals (no frozen meals and processed foods). I was a senior in high school and my mom introduced me to WW. I arrived to a History class to find that my teacher had borrowed several pounds of raw hamburger from the school cafeteria. We all looked at him inquisitively and then he asked me how much weight I had lost. He then compared my total with the trays of meat. His intent was to show my classmates what I had accomplished. I was completely mortified then. While his intent was good. The vision of 65 pounds of raw hamburger on lunch trays was enough to make people want to gag. THANKS MR. FORD! Love the man's heart!

Your story of the galllons of water is a great inspiration. I needed that visual. I needed something to kick start my motivation and this just did it for me!
    Thanks!
  • Lv2teachca
    Options
    Great Idea! I think we all forget where we started out when we get down. This puts it back into perspective. I'm only 10 down so far and about 40 to go but I wouldn't want to exercise wearing a 10 pound bag of potatoes strapped to my back. : ) Thanks for giving us all a great reminder to appreciate how far we have come! You are a great motivator!
  • Bella3119
    Options
    What an amazing idea!!! Thank you so much for sharing. This will definitely help me to push harder to the next level.

Keep up the great work!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This just sounds so cool. I had lost 53 lbs. and now have put about 10 or so back on. I guess what I need to do is hold something that weighs the 44 lbs. then add the extra 10 and see if this helps me to get back to motivation.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience once. I put on my husbands flack jacket (which he said weighs around 40lbs). I felt like I could barely move, then I realized I used to carry around 2.5 of those every day. It was crazy.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! That's a great way to put things in perspective! I have lost a total of 32 pounds since starting my weight loss journey and sometimes its hard to remember what a feat that is.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I recently had a similar exerpience. I've lost roughly 27 lbs (my weight bounces around a lot). In an effort to increase the intensity, but not length, of my workouts I bought a 20 lb weighted vest. It is so friggin' heavy! 30 minutes of free step with that thing on and I feel like my legs are about to give out and my lungs are about to collapse.

I realize that weight distribution makes the vest different than having 20 lbs of fat all spread throughout my body, but still. It was a real eye-opener.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You're not crazy - just curious....So was I!

I bought a 60 lb weighted vest along with 2 5lb ankle weights.
    70lbs total.
    That's how much weight I lost.

I strapped all that on and went for a walk down my old path when I first began this journey - 2 miles.
    I remember barely being able to walk that distance.
    With all this weight, it was hard, hard, hard, but I made it.

And THAT is how I lived?
    It felt good to shrug off that vest.

I also bought a 40-lb weighted vest. Strapping this on with my 2.5-lb ankle weights STILL does not equal the amount of weight I've lost. Whenever I'm feeling a little down about "the last 5 pounds" or the slow changes in my body composition, I put these weights on and "attempt" a one-mile walk around the neighborhood. It's amazing to feel the pressure on my knees and ankles and how difficult it is to lift my feet.
  • kylamb
    kylamb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's great! What a wonderful way to really put your accomplishment in perspective!
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    I love this, thanks for posting. This will encourage both me and my wife!
  • birdieintx
    Options
    Great reminder! And even for little losses if you're ever feeling like a pound isn't much. Pick up a one pound back of sugar or flour and see how heavy a pound is!
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea, I also get discouraged (at least once a month) because my journey is so slow. I need to go pick up 12lbs of something
    Thanks for the idea! & great job!
  • pdjohnson40
    pdjohnson40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - it is real encouragement for me. Sometimes we view our low weight loss days not as successes but failures. But a pound is a pound....just like a 1/2 pound is a 1/2 a pound. It all adds up!!!